Another confused firmware dumbass :(

hoffsta

n3wb
Reaction score
I've spent a good amount of time reading what to do but I'm still lost. My cameras are DS-2CD2032-I, with Chinese stickers claiming fw.ver. 5.2. I unwittingly upgraded to ver.5.3.0 build 150513 and now I have the language mismatch problems. So weird I was able to use them for almost a month afterwards but I recently reconfigured my network and now they're toast. I can still use the camera with Blue Iris but I can't reach the web login screen to change any CCD settings because of the language mismatch.

I was going to follow the thread to downgrade to ver. 2.5 but the description states to not do that for cams with stickers showing a lower FW. I read another thread stating I should downgrade to 5.1.6 but other threads say that will brick me. So what is the best course of action for me to get these back online? I'm leaving for an extended trip tomorrow so I'd like to have this fixed ASAP! Thanks for your help everyone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've spent a good amount of time reading what to do but I'm still lost. My cameras are DS-2CD2032-I, with Chinese stickers claiming fw.ver. 5.2. I unwittingly upgraded to ver.5.3.0 build 150513 and now I have the language mismatch problems. So weird I was able to use them for almost a month afterwards but I recently reconfigured my network and now they're toast. I can still use the camera with Blue Iris but I can't reach the web login screen to change any CCD settings because of the language mismatch.

I was going to follow the thread to downgrade to ver. 2.5 but the description states to not do that for cams with stickers showing a lower FW. I read another thread stating I should downgrade to 5.1.6 but other threads say that will brick me. So what is the best course of action for me to get these back online? I'm leaving for an extended trip tomorrow so I'd like to have this fixed ASAP! Thanks for your help everyone.
How does the language mismatch affect logging into the camera via a web browser?

hoffsta

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot login via web browser:
"[h=2]Access Error: 404 -- Not Found[/h]firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib"

hoffsta

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I tried Safari & Chrome on OSX and Edge on Windows...same story all around

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try Internet Explorer. If you have Win10 you will find IE hidden in there...do a search for "Internet Explorer."

hoffsta

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, also getting a 404 on IE. Strangely, I can still connect to the cameras from my old IVMS4200 install on OS X, but I can't add the cameras to the same program on Windows. Unfortunately, I'm bringing my Macbook on the trip. Thanks for the suggestion, any others?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you see the camera in SADP? I think the IP address has changed.

Can you ping it?

hoffsta

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I can see them in SADP and change their IP address, I can see them IVMS-4200, but I can't import them, and I see them in my list of connected devices on my LAN. I can even stream the video with Blue Iris. When I try to visit the camera webpage I get this message:

"Access Error: 404 -- Not Found

firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib"

hoffsta

n3wb
Reaction score
My sticker does say 5.2. Do you have a link to the 5.1.6 firmware I need? All the links I found through Google have been abandoned. Thanks!