Another Dahua with condensation issues.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Age and time changes the integrity of seals, enclosures, etc. due to UV, ozone, mechanical vibrations, thermal cycling (heating up, cooling down).
I'm 73 and my seals and my enclosure don't work as well these days either ! :highfive:

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
You can also try running gaffer tape around the outside shell seal line. You'd be amazed how well good quality gaffer tape works. You gotta put it on just right. Any wrinkles and it defeats the purpose.

Last edited:

GTEyes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, dealing with similar issue on one of our dome cameras outside. Never had an issue now it's filled with condensation/moisture. I am about to call Dahua to start a warranty claim. Curious if this would fall under the warranty coverage?
We have 11 cameras total and this is the only one that has recently started giving us trouble in regards to moisture and they've been up for 2 years now.

Tks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, dealing with similar issue on one of our dome cameras outside. Never had an issue now it's filled with condensation/moisture. I am about to call Dahua to start a warranty claim. Curious if this would fall under the warranty coverage?
We have 11 cameras total and this is the only one that has recently started giving us trouble in regards to moisture and they've been up for 2 years now.

Tks
If you didn't purchase it from an authorized Dahua distributer/installer, they will tell you to pound salt and tell you to talk to the vendor you purchased it from.

Some that went the authorized route have got replacements under warranty, while others haven't, thus the many threads like this on how to fix yourself.

GTEyes

n3wb
Reaction score
If you didn't purchase it from an authorized Dahua distributer/installer, they will tell you to pound salt and tell you to talk to the vendor you purchased it from.

Some that went the authorized route have got replacements under warranty, while others haven't, thus the many threads like this on how to fix yourself.
Thanks. Was purchased from an authorized vendor so going through the RMA process now.

GTEyes

n3wb
Reaction score
dome cameras easy condensation when use outdoor or at wet places after 1-2 years using, the dry silicon bags inside expired will make things worse.
Good to know. Thanks for that info. I suspect they will change out of the silica bags as a "repair".

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow...... My neighbor came by few days ago he is having the same issue with one of his dahua cameras. I told him to trash it and buy another, oops. I emailed him this link so maybe he can fix his. Had no idea they had silca in them.