Another License plate capture project

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
those are looking pretty good, all things considered.. I think that IPC-HFW5200E-Z12 would do well for LPR.. its about what I ended up paying for my LPR camera once I had made a birdhouse enclosure, and mounted it up w/optics.. and thats all in one, but probably wont have enough IR by its self to do the job at distance.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious since I've only read a little about LPR's for residential use.. When they capture a plate, does it just store the file as a snapshot or does it add it to an Access database (or similar software program)? And are people using separate PC's/NVR's for these setups?

The only LPR experience I have is with the mobile units and they are much different and much more expensive from what I've seen on here but I like the idea of what you can do with them.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
alprd only dumps out snapshots currently, I have code that writes all the data it acclimates into a bunch of json files, eventually I'll code up a nice centralized database with a nice webui to browse and search through all the data its gathering.

takes a bit of horsepower and most of my ALPR is done within a Nvidia Card in my personal webserver.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So is Huisun v2 a good ptz option for LPR under $200 shipped? And can the Lens be added to a higher mm? Or there other better options to buy?

Thanks for advice.