Another new member

Excalibur

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been dropped in the deep end as I've been given the task of installing a Chinese NVR/camera setup.
I'm learning fast. Systems have come a long way since I installed my CCTV 7-8 years ago.
Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Excalibur,

Hopefully they've given you a decent kit.

Excalibur

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. Very little info about these. It's a Besder nvr8908t-q with 2x Besder 5mp dome cameras. I guess I'll find out how these are..!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Very little info about these. It's a Besder nvr8908t-q with 2x Besder 5mp dome cameras. I guess I'll find out how these are..!
Hmmm.. looking at them on aliexpress....

I would not trust those as being secure in any fashion, thus I would run them isolated from the internet.

Excalibur

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Brief is get it sorted with remote viewing. Not using port forwarding..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Brief is get it sorted with remote viewing. Not using port forwarding..
ouch.. remote viewing.. I really don't think I trust that equipment on my network. Is it possible to get a better well know kit?

Excalibur

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I may use Teamviewer to remote view if Xmeye P2P isn't reliable. I need to study it a bit more.
I'm expected to do the best I can with what I've been given. In the end if it doesn't work/can't work then I'll have a very compelling case.
So far I've got the system running with initial confusion overcome. Changing the language was perhaps the most difficult thing but Mr.Google pointed me to an easy Youtube tutorial.
Step by step..