(Another) newbie. Trying to connect a Reolink camera to a HiLook NVR. Any tips appreciated.

Reaction score
Good evening folks. This may get long if I include all the info I can!

I live in a UK terraced house. I have 2 cameras and one NVR. One camera is connected the other not yet. I need advice on this other. My equipment is:
  • NVR. HiLook Model 104-MH. In the loft. Consumer level 4 port NVR.
  • Frontcam - Reolink RLC - 410 -5mp. Front fascia, 5m up.
  • Bikecam - IPC D150 H-M. (This works) Rear motorcycle shed.
  • Generic 4port POE switch. In the loft.
  • A 24 port network switch for the house network. In the loft.
  • A PC which I am viewing the NVR through. Spare room.

• The house is networked with 4 ethernet sockets in each of the main rooms leading back to the 24 port switch in the loft.
[I've searched the forum and I have seen a discussion from 2019 about mixing Reolink and HiLook. Several people started getting incredibly rude to the others on the thread because of not liking Reolink. I am surprised that it wasn't moderated. NO INSULTS here please. This equipment is what I have so like it or not I am not changing it. Thank you.]

I can view Frontcam. But only if it is connected to the NVR like this... CAM > 4port POE switch > 24 port switch > NVR > 24 port switch > PC.
If I connect it CAM > NVR > 24 port switch > PC. it isn't seen.

1623971311792.png

1623971420517.png

1623971531924.png

1623971601057.png

Is changing the IP range to 254 all I need to do or are there other settings that need changing? Any other info needed I'll look back here after work tomorrow. Thanks.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
he is not returning it as mentioned in his first post..

first thign i will do is to make sure that the D1 camera is in the same ip address range /netmask with the D2 camera ..

change ip address for D1 from 192.168.1.23 to 192.168.254.23 for example

1623972236471.png

Reaction score
he is not returning it as mentioned in his first post..

first thign i will do is to make sure that the D1 camera is in the same ip address range /netmask with the D2 camera ..

change ip address for D1 from 192.168.1.23 to 192.168.254.23 for example

View attachment 92726
That's on my list to do tonight thanks, but I wondered how important the other settings such as plug n play are. Oh well, experimentation coming up. Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am surprised that it wasn't moderated. NO INSULTS here please.
Just an FYI....
This forum IS, in fact, moderated but I can also say with confidence that it supports free speech. To paraphrase the owner/moderator, it's not a "safe space".
From my past observations, that especially applies to scammers.

Reaction score
Evening.

I have it working, my Reolink RLC-410-5MP camera is now being observed and recorded by my HiLook Model 104-MH NVR. For future searchers, here is what I did.

I reset the camera. Press the button for 10 seconds while powering it on.
Using the Reolink Android app I set it how I wanted. Password, camera name, and noted it's given details.
I updated the firmware as it was looking for Flash still. Make sure the model number for the firmware is correct.
I downloaded the latest version of the Reolink PC app.
I went into the camera using the PC.
In settings I changed the cameras IP address to a static one, instead of being fixed to my router which was acting as a IP address server.
I made sure the router was not serving the camera with a fixed IP as it had been previously.

Still Knowing from the previous attempts that the NVR was using the range 192.168.254.nnn I set the camera's IP to 192.168.254.4.

Now I opened Chrome and entered the NVR's IP address. All the following was done via browser.
Viewing cameras via the NVR I found the camera was still not showing.
I went into the camera configuration in the NVR.
I highlighted the camera and made sure it had the password I had created.
I then clicked the button saying 'activate'
I had to again enter the password, twice,
...then it all worked.

I was beginning to think that the two could not talk to each other, but they can. Oh, I had the port set itself to 80 instead of 8000 a couple of times, so watch that. Here are my working settings. I hope they help.

1624126696650.png

1624126758464.png

1624126862773.png

Reaction score
Just an FYI....
This forum IS, in fact, moderated but I can also say with confidence that it supports free speech. To paraphrase the owner/moderator, it's not a "safe space".
From my past observations, that especially applies to scammers.
Thanks TonyR, understood. It was the tone of Fenderman that irked me.

"You are inexperienced, a novice, you dont know any better.
Once again, anyone like you who buys from these lying scammers is an idiot. They will be called out on this forum as the scammers they are."