Another "password for NVR5416-4KS2" thread -- have pattern though

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased a Dahua NVR5416-4KS2 NVR from @EMPIRETECANDY in 2017. I started messing around, setting it up. Life got in the way, it's been sitting in the basement.
Now I'm trying to get things going again. I remember the pattern login, but, not the admin account login.
I've searched a few threads on here to see what people have done.

1. Tried the password recovery using DMSS and the QR code. It's telling me invalid QR code.
1673221644640.png

2. I tried emailing the QR code to the address it says to email QR codes to, I get this automated response:
We failed to process your password reset(ERROR CODE: ECC009 ). The QR code may be invalid. Please make sure you have scanned the right QR code and send again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You may contact your local reseller or service contact for further help if there are any further questions. Thank you for your support.
This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

3. I tried the "Dahua Password Generator", but that didn't work.

4. I've tried the following combos; none of these worked:
a. admin/admin
b. default/default
c. 666666/666666
d. 888888/888888

5. What I thought would be answers to security questions...aren't.

Running out of options, and gaining a ton of frustration here. I'm especially frustrated about the QR code, because I have a working email account attached to the NVR.

I haven't cracked it open yet to see if there's a reset button inside.

Any advice or things to try?

Thank you.

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All good! Thank you so much.

Back to factory defaults. I don't know how I missed that in there...took more looking than I expected, but it was right in front of my face.:lol: