another question about which one to buy

eyeon

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry, i know you guys get these questions daily and i should just read other threads, but there are a million different brands/models/scenarios and i'm brand new to all of this...

i'm thinking a 4+ camera unit, wireless.. i don't want to deal with 60' cables, that sounds like a nightmare. but i've also read that wireless cameras are terrible?

i don't really understand how the 'unit' itself works. seems like a VCR sized thing that essentially records everything onto a SD card that i'd pop into my PC whenever i wanted to see footage? do i need to clear the SD card every few days, or do they make them so they 'roll over' and keep recording?

i imagine i'd have to hide the VCR sized unit so if anyone breaks in they'd never find it?

something linked to my phone would be handy so i could check in when i'm not home would be nice, but ultimately PC .avi files or whatever is what i'd want.

i dunno, i'm looking on ebay and there are so many to pick from it's just overwhelming. figured i'd ask you guys first :)

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Spend a few hours pulling cables. It's much less annoying than dealing with wireless connection problems.

Read the Various FAQ / Wiki / Cliff Notes documents.