LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
Want to get some more ideas, im looking for

- 3 or 4 domes for outside
- IR or good night vision quality
- POE
- 1080p

i currently have 3 AcTi cameras and use Blue Iris on my PC because its to heavy for smaller pc

Some co-workers sugested Samsung 8 Channel PoE NVR Kit SRK-4060S, if they dont get wet outside and they said you can configure the AcTi ones with that DvR.

This way i can stop using BI in my PC and just get a normal DVR.

Thoughts :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@LuisD How much is that kit selling for? The cameras in that kit have weak IR and at least according to spec have poor low light vision.
What are the specs on your acti cameras? what is the spec of your blue iris pc?
Note that blue iris is much more configurable than the NVR and depending on your needs you may be giving up an option you want/need.

Last edited by a moderator:

LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
@LuisD How much is that kit selling for? The cameras in that kit have weak IR and at least according to spec have poor low light vision.
What are the specs on your acti cameras? what is the spec of your blue iris pc?
Note that blue iris is much more configurable than the NVR and depending on your needs you may be giving up an option you want/need.
I have
1 PTZ AcTi B96
2x E77's

The E77's IR is not amazing but its not horrible..

My BI PC is my personal one its a overkill for the program but its better than my mini pc.. its a Intel Core I7 @ 3.5 Ghz with W 64B, 32G of Ram but i also hate leaving this PC on just for BI..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have
1 PTZ AcTi B96
2x E77's

The E77's IR is not amazing but its not horrible..

My BI PC is my personal one its a overkill for the program but its better than my mini pc.. its a Intel Core I7 @ 3.5 Ghz with W 64B, 32G of Ram but i also hate leaving this PC on just for BI..
If you run 8 cameras at 1080p like the samsung kit (instead of the 10mp/5mp that you have now) you can run it all on a i5haswell machine for 300 like this one. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5696-PC-NVR-Power-Consumption-Sample
If you want basic recording, the NVR will be fine, just note that there may be an issue with motion detection using the samsung NVR with acti cameras...(this is true of many mismatched combos)..how much is the samsung kit?

LuisD

n3wb
Reaction score
If you run 8 cameras at 1080p like the samsung kit (instead of the 10mp/5mp that you have now) you can run it all on a i5haswell machine for 300 like this one. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5696-PC-NVR-Power-Consumption-Sample
If you want basic recording, the NVR will be fine, just note that there may be an issue with motion detection using the samsung NVR with acti cameras...(this is true of many mismatched combos)..how much is the samsung kit?
Around $900 for the samsung.

Since im semi new to all this what PC & 3 New Cameras would you recommend that would hold 8 cameras with high recording and motion detect?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Around $900 for the samsung.
That is not a bad price for 8 cameras and NVR, though as i noted, the night image may be poor. Make sure you can return it if you dont like it.