Another transplant from Slickdeal (thanx Mat200)

I like pink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We bought the Lorex 4K system from Costco based on what I was reading at Slickdeals.

We are playing around with it, as we can't install it until we get our junction boxes from Lores. In the meantime, I've been trying to play around with the settings. If at all possible, we want to put the NVR in a closet in the hall. However I want to be able to adjust settings, watch the stream, etc from the 4K TV in our home office. There is no tv in the closet (obviously... haha!)

I have the FLIR cloud for MAC downloaded and installed. I could see the cameras. However I can't do any configuring. So far the only way I have been able to configure the cameras or any settings on the NVR are to have the mouse connected directly to the NVR. What am I doing wrong?

I even tried typing the NVR's IP directed into a browser but all i get is the log in screen. (On Chrome and firefox it asked to download a plug in, which I did.. but still nothing. Safari just sits there....

Also.... we had this plugged in the other day and it had one IP. We unplugged it all, then this morning I plugged it back in and it has another IP. I was able to see it on the FLIR cloud by adding as the new IP and dragging that over... but then I closed that app, reopened it and now it won't show up in the app. (It's showing a red dot/offline.)

I'm soooooo lost!

Please help!

Cliff notes: How to I change settings on camera and NVR when the NVR is not in the same room as my computer and TV?

MAC computers.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We bought the Lorex 4K system from Costco based on what I was reading at Slickdeals.

We are playing around with it, as we can't install it until we get our junction boxes from Lores. In the meantime, I've been trying to play around with the settings. If at all possible, we want to put the NVR in a closet in the hall. However I want to be able to adjust settings, watch the stream, etc from the 4K TV in our home office. There is no tv in the closet (obviously... haha!)

I have the FLIR cloud for MAC downloaded and installed. I could see the cameras. However I can't do any configuring. So far the only way I have been able to configure the cameras or any settings on the NVR are to have the mouse connected directly to the NVR. What am I doing wrong?

I even tried typing the NVR's IP directed into a browser but all i get is the log in screen. (On Chrome and firefox it asked to download a plug in, which I did.. but still nothing. Safari just sits there....

Also.... we had this plugged in the other day and it had one IP. We unplugged it all, then this morning I plugged it back in and it has another IP. I was able to see it on the FLIR cloud by adding as the new IP and dragging that over... but then I closed that app, reopened it and now it won't show up in the app. (It's showing a red dot/offline.)

I'm soooooo lost!

Please help!

Cliff notes: How to I change settings on camera and NVR when the NVR is not in the same room as my computer and TV?

MAC computers.
Use the browser Pale Moon 32bit, or install the IE-Tab extension in Chrome. The plug-in should then work.

I like pink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It says IE-Tab not supported on Mac. And it looks like there is no Pale Moon version for Mac, either.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It says IE-Tab not supported on Mac. And it looks like there is no Pale Moon version for Mac, either.
Welcome!

Just noticed this posted in a thread on SD:
"I use SecuritySpy for Mac.. "

Maybe worth looking at

I like pink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm It looks like SecuritySpy uses your computer (computer's hardddrive) for your security system rather than an NVR. I'll read more about it later today....

We played around more with the cameras yesterday. Had a couple of them outside playing with settings. I was all set to order a starlight for the front porch (cuz we liked the idea of the turret and the black and white video we saw from that cam on this forum was soooo crisp and clear). But then, after it got dark, we found out our porch has enough light that we actually get color night vision. Probably the only spot around our house we would get color night... so now i'm undecided on putting a starlight turret there....

Also: maybe a simpler question.... i had the idea of maybe getting a looooooong usb extension cable and running that down the hall to the room where i want to play with the camera settings. i know i can get a long HDMI cable and actually run that.... the mouse is the hold up. then i can stop fretting over how to control the cameras on my computer.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could install Windows 10 (un-activated) in a virtual machine and use Pale Moon in it.

I'm actually surprised your NVR requires a web plugin for simple configuration though. There is just no excuse. Plugin support has been gone in all the major browsers for ages now.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could install Windows 10 (un-activated) in a virtual machine and use Pale Moon in it.

I'm actually surprised your NVR requires a web plugin for simple configuration though. There is just no excuse. Plugin support has been gone in all the major browsers for ages now.
FYI - the NVR in question appears to be a Dahua OEM lite model, rebranded by Lorex.