Any better priced vs quality than these cameras?

Covy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Amcrest: IP8M-T2669EW-AI

I have one of these in my garage and it seems to do a decent job. I'm looking to grab 4-6 more cameras for perimeter stuff like main and egress windows. I do want to be able to detect stuff at night, of course, but I'm thinking I could place some solar garden lights to provide enough lighting to get a decently clear image, correct?

I will want to put a better camera in front and was thinking of something like the EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-T

This is for my home and we don't have a lot of money to spend because we have teenagers :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Amcrest is a budget camera putting 8MP on a sensor sized for 2MP, so a 2MP will beat that camera all night long.

It can work in a garage because infrared is bouncing all off the walls. Outside, it will not be useful at all except to tell you what time something happened.

Someone says here Buy once, cry once. Save the money to get a better camera. You would be better off with a 2MP than this camera at night outside if budget is a concern.

The 4K/T is a great camera, but you need light or be willing to use the built-in white LED, so if you have neither then it is the wrong choice.

The 5442 series is a great camera line.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And then of course this thread that provides links to the most commonly recommended camera based on distance to IDENTIFY.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I have one of these in my garage and it seems to do a decent job. I'm looking to grab 4-6 more cameras for perimeter stuff like main and egress windows. I do want to be able to detect stuff at night, of course, but I'm thinking I could place some solar garden lights to provide enough lighting to get a decently clear image, correct?

I will want to put a better camera in front and was thinking of something like the EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-T

This is for my home and we don't have a lot of money to spend because we have teenagers :)

FYI - adding info on the Amcrest camera here ..

Notice it has a 8MP and 1/2.8" sensor .. normally not a combination most of us would prefer ..

1682535536997.png

1682535590276.png

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:blankstare:

This is for my home and we don't have a lot of money to spend because we have teenagers
Teenagers, that's the EXACT reason you need better cams, believe me. :p