Any Hikvision-type camera supporting sound?

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand that the Blue Iris apps support sound (correct me if that is wrong).

I currently have some HikVision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP bullet cameras outside and they work great.

But I would like to get a similar quality camera for the front door that also supports audio with a built-in mic (sending the audio over ethernet!).

Are there any such cameras supported by Blue Iris that you can recommend?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@strathglass Welcome to the forum...the only hikvision cameras with built in mics are the 2532IS mini dome and the 2432 cube camera...The 2532 is a great camera but it has weak ir (Because of its size)...where will you be mounting the camera?
There are several other hikvision cameras like the 2732FIS, 2132F-IS, 2632FIS that support sound but you need to attach a mic to them...
There are a few dahua models with built in mics as well...

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@strathglass Welcome to the forum...the only hikvision cameras with built in mics are the 2532IS mini dome and the 2432 cube camera...The 2532 is a great camera but it has weak ir (Because of its size)...where will you be mounting the camera?
There are several other hikvision cameras like the 2732FIS, 2132F-IS, 2632FIS that support sound but you need to attach a mic to them...
There are a few dahua models with built in mics as well...
Thanks. Just to be clear, it does not have to be a Hikvision - just something of comparable (image/build) quality.
I will mount this (really just want 1) near the front door (on wall or under overhanging porch ceiling).
For the ones you have to add a mic to: do they take that and digitize it and send it down the IP pipe with the video? (I read of someone wiring a camera for a mic to a local speaker, which I do not want! Want audio over Ethernet with the video.)

Finally, I looked at the 2432, but could not find ANY info to confirm if it is useable outdoors. Anyone know? (No mention of outdoor use on the spec sheet, no IP rating [but temp rating looks good]).
Also, it is a bit of an ugly one to put at the front door I must say!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The 2432 is not meant to be exposed to the elements.. It will be fine if it doesn't get wet... The audio support on all IP cameras transmits the signal over the Ethernet. note that the cameras do not have built-in speakers except for the 2432 cube. The hikvisions that allow you to attach a mic can accept a non powered microphone however if you want a speaker function you will need to provide power to the speaker. The only manufacturer that I'm aware of that has built in speakers in its outdoor cameras is MOBOTIX however they are insanely overpriced and their cameras are not great...

Sent via Taptalk