Any Ideas please

scp3000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi since purchasing Blue iris its been working great no issues at all even the upgrade to v5 works great until today. I had a windows update yesterday and I had an update on Blue iris I don't know if that's cause the following issue but cannot open the console after the first time ..if I close it and try again I see the splash screen and nothing so wait a while and try again to get a popup saying "Only one console is allowed", in windows 10 task manager there is a Process "Blue Iris Video Security and Webcam Software" if I try to kill that it just reappears again. The only way I can get console to open again is to reboot. I deleted Blue iris and went through the registry and removed all ref from there and also on my hard drives all files inc recorded files rebooted and did a fresh install that I just downloaded and set up still have same issue always used to be fine any help greatly appreciated

regards

Ricky

scp3000

n3wb
Reaction score
So I dropped back a version and its working fine again so just to make sure updated again to 5.0.0.61 problems back again..

scp3000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply I did email support outlining the issue at the time I was not 100% sure that it wasn't a glitch my end.After spending hours changing this and that restoring from backups etc until I could fix it and then make it break again I finally nailed it. shame there isn't a pace where we can download versions that are pre-updates so we could roll back or have a roll back option in the software wonder if anyone else is getting same issues
regards
Ricky

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m running 61, got the update yesterday and don’t recall seeing any issues with it. I’ll check today and report back.

Debbie

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having this exact same issue. My Windows10 updated night before last to version 1903, then my Blue Iris updated after the Windows update restart to version 5.0.0.54. Now the Blue Iris service is running, but the Blue Iris application won’t open after it displays the splash page. I’ve tried stopping the Blue Iris service along with stopping Blue Iris Tools service, I’ve restarted my computer several times, and every time I try to open Blue Iris, I receive an error that states “Only One Console is Allowed". However, I am able to view my camera's footage from my android app. I emailed support yesterday morning, but haven't yet heard back, so wondering if anyone knows a fix for this issue.

scp3000

n3wb
Reaction score
Good bit of advice thank you Ill do that from now on..
Debbie I had to uninstall blue iris from control panel then search for anything Blue Iris on my hard drives. Next searched the registry and deleted anything Blue Iris reboot and install a zipped up folder backup of v 5.0,0,57 all runs ok now have delayed automatic windows 10 updates for a couple of months and removed Prompt at startup and Automatic download and install from Blue Iris settings.

Debbie

n3wb
Reaction score
Good bit of advice thank you Ill do that from now on..
Debbie I had to uninstall blue iris from control panel then search for anything Blue Iris on my hard drives. Next searched the registry and deleted anything Blue Iris reboot and install a zipped up folder backup of v 5.0,0,57 all runs ok now have delayed automatic windows 10 updates for a couple of months and removed Prompt at startup and Automatic download and install from Blue Iris settings.
I tried your suggestion, and still doesn't work. The only thing I'm able to do is reinstall version 4 and it works. However, every time I install version 5 with or without version 4 installed, I go back to having the very same issue all over again. So frustrated! Thanks so much for your suggestions though!!

Last edited:

scp3000

n3wb
Reaction score
That's a shame it didn't work for you.. did you install from a saved version of 5 pre-update or downloaded one from the BI website just wondered as the one from website may already be patched with the new update..

Debbie

n3wb
Reaction score
That's a shame it didn't work for you.. did you install from a saved version of 5 pre-update or downloaded one from the BI website just wondered as the one from website may already be patched with the new update..
I downloaded the full version and tried to install that, but no luck.

scp3000

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I guessed hopefully will hear from support will let you know if I do .. just out of curiosity the last windows update in my update history was on the 12th day it all went to pot and was (KB4507469) and (KB4507419) maybe ill uninstall these and try it..

Debbie

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I guessed hopefully will hear from support will let you know if I do .. just out of curiosity the last windows update in my update history was on the 12th day it all went to pot and was (KB4507469) and (KB4507419) maybe ill uninstall these and try it..
I had these updates install on July 12 -
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903
KB4506991 - .Net Framework 3.5 - 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64
KB45033308 - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 based Systems
KB4507453 - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 based Systems

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm getting the same popup, "Only one console is allowed". When I reboot, and run BI I see a normal start screen, I can see all of my cams, and within 3 seconds the screen goes away and I'm back at the desktop. When I attempt to run BI then I get the popup screen.

I've disabled "Run as Service" and BI runs normally.

I updated this morning to 0.63x64 to see if the update fixed the issue, no joy.

I've sent the info to support for their review.

Running Windows 10.

Thanks.

scp3000

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried 0.63x64 also didn't work but at least there on it, tried removing my windows updates also never made any difference either but in my backups found a backup of v 5.0.0.59 unzipped that to new folder running fine.

Debbie

n3wb
Reaction score
Update - RESOLVED - This morning I installed the new version 5.0.0.65 and I no longer have this issue.

Reactions: Wen