Any NVRs that simultanously record locally and stream to the cloud?

kelkin

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been working with multiple vendors and hitting dead ends, and figured I'd come here to see if anyone has any recommendations. I have multiple sites that I need to protect (80 - 100 cameras) where I'd like the camera streams to be stored locally, but also simultaneously be stored in the cloud with an interface that allows me to access the cloud recordings in the event the NVR is stolen. I know the bandwidth would be pretty significant and we're footing the bill for dedicated fiber circuits dedicated to the NVRs just for this purpose.

So far the solutions I've found working with vendors is pretty weak in that they're using AWS S3 storage to copy videos in a proprietary format, requiring the NVR to be replaced if stolen, just to view the videos. I want to make sure there is absolutely no reliance on a physical NVR in order to view videos stored in the cloud.

Anyone have any familiarity with such s solution that they could recommend?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So far the solutions I've found working with vendors is pretty weak in that they're using AWS S3 storage to copy videos in a proprietary format
Which manufacturer's products have you evaluated so far?
Is the proprietary format the video file itself, or the index structure to the video files?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
We did that 7 years ago with our very small site for our HOA as we were transitioning to self hosted NVRs

We used EagleEye.