Any POE+ PTZ Suggestions would be much appreciated

FVierra27

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking for 4 PTZ POE+ cameras for our small business, I don't know very much about security cameras but know the ones we currently have stink. We can't make out a license plate that is 20 feet away.

We have a budget of ~$1500 per camera and just had the 4 locations wired with 2 POE+ ports per location (8 ports total).

We want to be able to see license plates atleast 40 feet away, if we can get it further that would be great, during the day or night.

The one I stumbled on and watched a few videos of was the SD59430U-HNI. The only thing I am unsure of is whether or not it will perform sufficiently during the night. I have read about laser ir but didn't find much for cameras.

What do you all suggest as one of the best performing cameras in our price range?

Thanks in advance!

FV27

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking for 4 PTZ POE+ cameras for our small business, I don't know very much about security cameras but know the ones we currently have stink. We can't make out a license plate that is 20 feet away.

We have a budget of ~$1500 per camera and just had the 4 locations wired with 2 POE+ ports per location (8 ports total).

We want to be able to see license plates atleast 40 feet away, if we can get it further that would be great, during the day or night.

The one I stumbled on and watched a few videos of was the SD59430U-HNI. The only thing I am unsure of is whether or not it will perform sufficiently during the night. I have read about laser ir but didn't find much for cameras.

What do you all suggest as one of the best performing cameras in our price range?

Thanks in advance!

FV27
You dont need expensive ptz cameras for lpr...lpr at night requires a dedicated camera...you wont have anyone manning the ptz so its use to you is nill...you are better off with a varifocal camera so you can get the correct field of view to capture plates...I would suggest you read the lpr section of this forum...I would get one camera for lpr and another starlight dahua varifocal camera for an overview shot...total cost for both will be 300-500 for both cams depending on if you purchase us or china...take the 1k you saved per camera and give everyone a bonus....

FVierra27

n3wb
Reaction score
You dont need expensive ptz cameras for lpr...lpr at night requires a dedicated camera...you wont have anyone manning the ptz so its use to you is nill...you are better off with a varifocal camera so you can get the correct field of view to capture plates...I would suggest you read the lpr section of this forum...I would get one camera for lpr and another starlight dahua varifocal camera for an overview shot...total cost for both will be 300-500 for both cams depending on if you purchase us or china...take the 1k you saved per camera and give everyone a bonus....
I appreciate the reply and maybe should have been more clear with what we were looking for. We don't necessarily need a dedicated LPR but more of an all in one that will allow us to identify people, cars, etc. We've had a few things happen across the street that our two 15 year old Samsung PTZ's has not been able to give a good picture of and would like to avoid that problem again. We will be adding two more to the back of the shop because we are doing a ground up rebuild of the old, tired network and thought it would be a good time to upgrade the system. We are really just looking for the best picture available, day or night, in our price range. This is will be our third security camera system and I really don't want it to disappoint like the two before it.