any possibility of reviving?

militarymedic23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Happened upon a great auction for a brand new HK 2142 cam. Or so I thought... Still can't figure out how a detailed listing of 2142FWD cam from a mom and pop shop but the item, still nice and shiny in a box was a 3132F-IW unit.
Anyway, I plugged it in to my Cisco PoE switch and nothing. The only sign of life is the infrared lights flash/pulse. The switch doesn't show any link status nor does it show the camera has requested and is drawing any PoE power.

The seller has already refunded the entire purchase price, so I'm not exactly at a loss. But I'm hoping there is some inkling of hope that I won't have to toss this thing in the garbage.

Has anyone had this particular situation where the infrared lights flash but nothing else? Maybe a failed software update?

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
nor does it show the camera has requested and is drawing any PoE pow
Worth trying also if you haven't done it already is to power it with a 12v 1A or more DC power supply via the external power pigtail.
Then use SADP to find it.

If you feel curious enough to look further, check out the many forum posts on how to connect to the Hikvision serial console.
This will very likely show in detail what's happening which may provide some recovery options.
Example :
Search Results for Query: pl2303 | IP Cam Talk
Search Results for Query: hikvision serial console | IP Cam Talk