Any Reviews about the new Dahua N45DUD2 ?

fushi

n3wb
Reaction score

Attachments

R7r7

n3wb
Reaction score
do we know the difference between v2 and the original release ?

hgthr

n3wb
Reaction score
@hgthr Any updates? Have you received the cam yet?
I have received the camera but it has stayed in its box for the most part, I am struggling with some health issues and have not had the energy to run cabling and install.
I have powered it on and logged in to camera. The image looks promising but I won't know how well it fits my use case until actually put into service.

memme

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for answer,

would be great to see a video in total darkness without any additional light or ambient light.

hgthr

n3wb
Reaction score
@hgthr any updates? Maybe a total darkness video?

I pretty much just took this out of the box and powered on, gave it an IP address and checked recording. Have not played with IVS or any of the other onboard features.
I'm using a flashlight to navigate because I turned all nearby light sources off. The red LED you see in the hallway, it's so dim I didn't even notice it.
This isn't the best showcase of the camera (artifacts and all) but maybe it will give you a rough estimation of capability?
For my use case, it will likely perform much better - nearby street light and ambient neighborhood light.

Attachments

memme

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this video.

Everything near the red dim light is very unclear and pixeled.
Seems like the cam has its best focus point about 3 meter away....After that it turns into useless?

Thanks again

hgthr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - no problem

I'm hoping that once I set up the camera in intended location, optimize the video and program the IVS features.. that it will be a good fit.
One of the selling points for me was based off this video:

Smart Dual Illuminators Technology Launch

I like the idea of illuminating someone when certain conditions are met (all of which can be programmed / adjusted)
WIll upload more video once I get things dialed in.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi - no problem

I'm hoping that once I set up the camera in intended location, optimize the video and program the IVS features.. that it will be a good fit.
One of the selling points for me was based off this video:

Smart Dual Illuminators Technology Launch

I like the idea of illuminating someone when certain conditions are met (all of which can be programmed / adjusted)
WIll upload more video once I get things dialed in.
Swicth to warm light simply means it's turned a Warm LED on surely? In which case I'm not seeing the advantage of the dual as you might as well either installl an LED sensor light or use a camera with a larger chip.

Also clearly needs smart IR as face is a little blurry. No doubt a firmware update will probably solve that.

hgthr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this video.

Everything near the red dim light is very unclear and pixeled.
Seems like the cam has its best focus point about 3 meter away....After that it turns into useless?

Thanks again
@memme - I don't think my little video was a very good representation of the camera's abilities. I installed the N45DUD2 outdoors only yesterday (had to compromise on location). There is ambient street light nearby but it's still dark enough to trip on something unseen. I've only had cameras with integrated IR prior to this and I'm both surprised and satisfied with the results. It is as if someone is pointing flood lights at our house and as far as I can tell that effect lasted until sunrise (Still dialing it in but the image looks the same at 10PM as it does at 5AM).

@CCTVCam - One of the first things I did was update the firmware (I think that's considered sacrilege around here, though). I don't have much experience with Dahua's newest set of features but my intent is to use the onboard illuminators when camera is triggered. I would have liked to go full bananas with external devices but opted for a camera with integrated features. A little more subtle, but it's nice to know the I/O is there if needed.

Hope to make another video once all is settled - I am happy with the purchase and performance.