Any Suggestions please?

RiggedcaM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here so if i have missed a topic that answers my question, please accept my apology.

I brought a Sricam as a replacement for another Chinese IP cam i brought. Seeing as it worked better than the other IP cam, i was happy...was...that was until i noticed it disconnecting every 15 mins. I had passed the return time frame, so money lost but knowledge gained.

Here is my question - Can you please suggest a IP Cam that can be used over wifi, has no disconnection or time outs and can be reviewed and recorded on PC?

Additionally, please if possible provide a link to where to buy it? My price range is upto £70. If that's too cheap, please say and i won't be offended.

Thanks for reading and for any help you can provide.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here so if i have missed a topic that answers my question, please accept my apology.

I brought a Sricam as a replacement for another Chinese IP cam i brought. Seeing as it worked better than the other IP cam, i was happy...was...that was until i noticed it disconnecting every 15 mins. I had passed the return time frame, so money lost but knowledge gained.

Here is my question - Can you please suggest a IP Cam that can be used over wifi, has no disconnection or time outs and can be reviewed and recorded on PC?

Additionally, please if possible provide a link to where to buy it? My price range is upto £70. If that's too cheap, please say and i won't be offended.

Thanks for reading and for any help you can provide.
Wifi is not a reliable method of connecting an ip camera...that said, sricam as you now know is garbage...the BEST solution is to run cable...pay someone to do it if you cannot, will be MUCH cheaper in the long run.
Note that any camera can be made "wifi" by simply using a wifi bridge...alternative look at powerline adapters.