any turret or bullet with built in mic?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my 3mp camera on the driveway to a 4mp and would like to have built in mic. Is there one available? I'd settle for a 3mp if that's my only option.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my 3mp camera on the driveway to a 4mp and would like to have built in mic. Is there one available? I'd settle for a 3mp if that's my only option.
The upgrade from 1080p to 4mp is not all that significant...(i am assuming you have a 1080p camera now)...I would strongly suggest looking at the dahua varifocal starlight turret at 1080p, depending on the level of zoom, you may get a higher pixel per inch count than a fixed 4mp camera and you will certainly get MUCH better night vision.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Dahua looks good. does it have a built in mic? read a couple data sheet but no mentioning of audio

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last edited:

montecrypto

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have just received DS-2CD2345F-IS. Not only it has a built-in mic, it comes with sd card slot, audio out, alarm input, ALL smart event features (face detection, etc). And the serial connector is conveniently accessible under the SD-card slot cover, so no need to disassemble the camera for reflashing. Also, night time picture quality is very good.