Any way to freeze video on last motion????

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was wondering if it's possible to configure each camera to only show live video when motion is detected. I've noticed that if I minimize BI, the cpu usage drops from about 26 to 18% with 10 cameras. 4 of the cameras are old 640x480 panasonics which I'm going to replace with 4mp Reolinks. I'm thinking that if I can freeze the video and only show live video when there's motion, I could get the same CPU usage as I get when the app is minimized.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was wondering if it's possible to configure each camera to only show live video when motion is detected. I've noticed that if I minimize BI, the cpu usage drops from about 26 to 18% with 10 cameras. 4 of the cameras are old 640x480 panasonics which I'm going to replace with 4mp Reolinks. I'm thinking that if I can freeze the video and only show live video when there's motion, I could get the same CPU usage as I get when the app is minimized.
DONT buy reolink, they have KNOWN issues with blue iris. There are much better cameras available from dahua.
No you cannot freeze video...you can lower the live frame rate without affecting recording though...

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DONT buy reolink, they have KNOWN issues with blue iris. There are much better cameras available from dahua.
No you cannot freeze video...you can lower the live frame rate without affecting recording though...
What are the known issues? Mine has been working fine for a week so far with no issues.

You suggested brand. Do you have a specific model that has the same capabilities?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What are the known issues? Mine has been working fine for a week so far with no issues.
Search the forum...when using direct to disk (and you will have to with high res cams) there will be image corruption...reolink refuses to include an iframe interval setting in their cams...regardless, there are much better options..

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Search the forum...when using direct to disk (and you will have to with high res cams) there will be image corruption...reolink refuses to include an iframe interval setting in their cams...regardless, there are much better options..
I did and not much on reported issues with their newer RLC-423. Plus I couldn't find a Dahua that has 360 PTZ, 4mp, POE, and 4x optical.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did and not much on reported issues with their newer RLC-423. Plus I couldn't find a Dahua that has 360 PTZ, 4mp, POE, and 4x optical.
It affects all their cams. Reolink lied to end users. Stop looking for 4mp..2mp starlight will blow it away in low light and at night...higher mp is not always better..there are a million threads on this subject, but if you insist you know better and want to flush your money down the toilet, go ahead.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It affects all their cams. Reolink lied to end users. Stop looking for 4mp..2mp starlight will blow it away in low light and at night...higher mp is not always better..there are a million threads on this subject, but if you insist you know better and want to flush your money down the toilet, go ahead.
OK, what about PTZ, optical zoom, and POE? Quite frankly I'm impressed so far with the day and night performance of this camera for the price and for the features. Can you provide any links to threads that discuss the RLC-423 having the same issues?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, what about PTZ, optical zoom, and POE? Quite frankly I'm impressed so far with the day and night performance of this camera for the price and for the features. Can you provide any links to threads that discuss the RLC-423 having the same issues?
The issues will affect ALL reolink camreas because they ALL dont have the iframe interval options. Search reolink, there are at least 5 threads on them.
You are impressed because you have nothing to compare them to.
See the threads discussing the dahua ptz..its is orders of magnitude better.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The issues will affect ALL reolink camreas because they ALL dont have the iframe interval options. Search reolink, there are at least 5 threads on them.
You are impressed because you have nothing to compare them to.
See the threads discussing the dahua ptz..its is orders of magnitude better.
You still haven't given me anything to compare them to :)

And you have no idea what I have now and how they compare.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

dont be LAZY. I dont work for you. I am trying to save your money, but you can only lead a horse to water.