anybody can access hikivision chinese website from usa?

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did usa gov block them?

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
It's funny you should ask because we have had the same question. The Hikvision Chinese website has been down for days. We VPNed into China and it's down inside of China as well. We also confirmed with Chinese contacts that they cannot access inside China.

We emailed Hikvision corporate on Friday asking for comment.

So, it's definitely not that the USA government has blocked them but we are not sure why. Strange.

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's funny you should ask because we have had the same question. The Hikvision Chinese website has been down for days. We VPNed into China and it's down inside of China as well. We also confirmed with Chinese contacts that they cannot access inside China.

We emailed Hikvision corporate on Friday asking for comment.

So, it's definitely not that the USA government has blocked them but we are not sure why. Strange.
lol

I contacted with chinese support last night. Their phone or pc can access the site. strange.

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh yeah. finally usa gov unblock this website. trade war will be over soon. lol

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes they can. also they are listening all the calls from eu leader. nas also have your whole video feed backup.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Update: Now, the Hikvison China website is returning a 404 error message code, while last week it was returning 'site can't be reached'. This is the same from both the US and VPNing inside of China. Why the Hikvision China website continues not to work is strange.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
You can check whether it is you or the site by punching in the address here: www.isitdownrightnow.com
Generally, that works. However, for China sites, due to the Great Firewall, it does not always report correctly.

For example, Hikvision is owned by the Chinese government. The government entity that runs it is CETHIK (for CETC Hikvision). Its website ishttp://cethik.com. Isitdownrightnow returns it as being 'down for everyone' but that is false.

Hikvision's Chinese government controller website is up, it is just blocked for visitors outside of China. Likewise, many websites appear down in China but are simply blocked by the Chinese government.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Generally, that works. However, for China sites, due to the Great Firewall, it does not always report correctly.

For example, Hikvision is owned by the Chinese government. The government entity that runs it is CETHIK (for CETC Hikvision). Its website ishttp://cethik.com. Isitdownrightnow returns it as being 'down for everyone' but that is false.

Hikvision's Chinese government controller website is up, it is just blocked for visitors outside of China. Likewise, many websites appear down in China but are simply blocked by the Chinese government.
That site is down for me currently. Does it work for you?

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
That site is down for me currently. Does it work for you?
Yes, it works for me when I use a VPN to connect inside of China. I assume isitdownforrightnow is assuming non-China use, which is generally reasonable except for China specific sites.

For example, here is the main news on cethik.com, Hikvision's Chairman Chen Zongnian celebrating the 98th anniversary of the China Communist Party: