Anyone else get snow today?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I did a Brandon and fell going up a set of stairs.:nervous: I thought I had tripped, but when I played the back porch video back, It appears my knee gave out and I took one of those slow motion, can't stop your self, hard falls. I was all worried about that knee and once my wife helped me get into the house and checked for damages, it appears I got both knees pretty good in the fall. I also kissed the screen porch door pretty hard with my face......
Ouch. Lots of ice packs......

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I did a Brandon and fell going up a set of stairs.:nervous: I thought I had tripped, but when I played the back porch video back, It appears my knee gave out and I took one of those slow motion, can't stop your self, hard falls. I was all worried about that knee and once my wife helped me get into the house and checked for damages, it appears I got both knees pretty good in the fall. I also kissed the screen porch door pretty hard with my face......
You now are now qualified to be the next resident at 1600 PA Ave

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I did buy a 7’ snowblower for my tractor at a auction this summer. At least my 1 1/2 hour a night job with a back blade pushing snow now turned into a 30min job, so at least that’s bairable.

Now to convince the wife I need a tractor with a cab…
It's the other way around. You need a Cab with a tractor attached to it. Reverse psychology. That way, you can tell her how much the cab is right up front, and then casually mention later on, the price of the tractor, in passing. Make sure you emphasize how important it is to her safety and well being, a clean, cleared driveway is........

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed I don't bounce was well as I used to and somehow the floor has gotten further away, too.
Last time I fell that hard was about 7 years ago. My nieces husband had died unexpectantly and we had gone to the funeral up north of Knoxville. We stayed in a cheap hotel overnight. Got up early the next morning, jumped into the shower tub, one of those cheap, thin metal ones with just a cheesy shower curtain and the toilet installed right next to the tub. To make the tub look shiny, they used "spray wax" on it. As soon as I stepped into the tub and got the curtain closed, both of my feet shot out from under me. On the way down, I grabbed the shower curtain, which came down on top of my head, along with the cheap metal shower rod. I fell backwards out of the tub, landing squarely on the edge toilet bowl, snapping it off the mounting bolts and shattering the grout under it, moving the whole thing over about a foot. I also cracked the toilet bowl with my lower back and it broke the water feed line.

My wife heard the sonic boom, came running in, and all she could see was water spraying everywhere, shower running with a big motionless lump on the hard tile floor, covered with a shower curtain in a massive puddle of water Water every where. She pulled the curtain off of me and all I could do was exhale......damn toilet bowl knocked the ever loving wind cleanly out of me. I couldn't talk, couldn't even say "fucking ouch". After about 30 seconds, when my body allowed me to finally inhale, I thought I had broke my damn back. I laid in the pool of water for a minute, then decided to see if I could move my toes and legs. Alls good there. I crawled to the bed and pulled myself up, back just absolutely killing me.

Wife drove me to the nearest town to the band-aid hospital. They checked me out, did X-rays and sent me on my way with muscle relaxers and pain pills.

Yeah, I got more stories of stupid human tricks in my journal......just not going to divulge those.:oops:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Double OUCH man! Hope your not stoved up too bad.
Double OUCH man! Hope your not stoved up too bad.
I am doing better this afternoon. Woke up this morning feeling like someone had parked a D9 on top of me all night. A few Tylenol later and I am moving around, albeit a bit slow. I guess I am going to finally put that handrail up for 1 step from the carport to the porch......