Anyone else having issues with push notifications?

gb7777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 8 cameras setup across two locations. Occasionally when a location is unoccupied we enable event push notifications on our iOS mobile Apps.

Push notifications worked fine on both setups for a while. A few weeks ago I enabled them on all the cameras in one location and noticed they weren't working. A few days later they started working again.

Last week I enabled them again and noticed they aren't working again. Now been 6 days and havent been working from any of the 8 cameras. No change in setup at any time.

In terms of network setup, the cameras have outbound access (tested by confirming they can reach NTP server for example). Inbound access is via VPN (uPnP disabled and no ports forwarded, due to security concerns). Cameras running FW UK V5.4.5 170123 or V5.4.5 170124

Since the notifications work and then stop working it can't be an issue with my network setup. Any ideas as I'm getting really frustrated with these damn cameras :(

gb7777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I can enable them within IVMS4500 (either by being on LAN, or via VPN into LAN), I just don't get any notifications. Seems to randomly stop working for days on end.

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you in the UK? I experienced this issue a while ago (I posted a few replies in this thread: Push notifications just stopped). I found that Hikvision's European push notifications servers were pretty unreliable, so I changed my region in iVMS-4500 to USA, America. It has been working ever since. Bear in mind, I am connecting iVMS-4500 directly to my cameras, so not sure if it will work if connecting via a NVR.

gb7777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you in the UK? I experienced this issue a while ago (I posted a few replies in this thread: Push notifications just stopped). I found that Hikvision's European push notifications servers were pretty unreliable, so I changed my region in iVMS-4500 to USA, America. It has been working ever since. Bear in mind, I am connecting iVMS-4500 directly to my cameras, so not sure if it will work if connecting via a NVR.

Thanks, I did come across your post. I am also in the UK and connecting directly to the cameras (no NVR).

I did try switching region to US, but it didn't make a difference. Do I need to switch anything on the actual cameras, or just settings in IVMS4500 app settings?

I'll try switching again and see if it performs better.

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope, just switch it in iVMS-4500. You may have to disable and reenable the alarm in the Alarm settings again for it to trigger on the server.

gb7777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope, just switch it in iVMS-4500. You may have to disable and reenable the alarm in the Alarm settings again for it to trigger on the server.
Ok switched. Let's see how it goes :)

I recal from your other post you saying the US server keeps a record of older alerts. I just tested and it doesn't seem to be the case for me?