Anyone familiar with AXIS 2400+?

Neight

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased an AXIS 2400+ IP Cam Server in an attempt to connect in parallel with my DVR to convert the analog streams to IP streams to view on a home automation dashboard. I got some help getting the server setup on my network and can access it via my browser; however, it says no video and shows static. I have tried this with the 75Ohm line termination on and off as well as with the cameras directly connected and connected through a splitter. I am using Lorex 1080p analog cams that came with an 8CH DVR system and I was told that analog streams are universal. Does anyone know why I am getting no video by chance?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fyi, most modern DVRs can steam to the network..you don't need the encoder unless you need a specific format that the DVR cannot stream

Neight

n3wb
Reaction score
My DVR unfortunatel only supports rtsp streams and the home automation dashboard I am using only supports MPEG or M-JPEG.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the 2400+ is m-jpeg. its pretty low res too. can you see the camera feeds when you log into the 2400+ with a web browser?

Neight

n3wb
Reaction score
when I log into the web browser it shows an x between the camera and server then shows static and says no video.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently purchased an AXIS 2400+ IP Cam Server in an attempt to connect in parallel with my DVR to convert the analog streams to IP streams to view on a home automation dashboard. I got some help getting the server setup on my network and can access it via my browser; however, it says no video and shows static. I have tried this with the 75Ohm line termination on and off as well as with the cameras directly connected and connected through a splitter. I am using Lorex 1080p analog cams that came with an 8CH DVR system and I was told that analog streams are universal. Does anyone know why I am getting no video by chance?
I reread your post. Your issue is that you are using CVI HD over coax cameras..they are not compatible with analog DVR's/encoders...the DVR must support CVI.

Neight

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that's unfortunate. Thank you for the info so I can stop pulling my hair out.