Anyone familiar with CamNebula Free software ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have many useful programs that I use regularly, I can't simply uninstall all my software I use for other things just so one other software can work, this is my computer I use for everyday things.
Then you are not ready for a vms.....

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Then you are not ready for a vms.....
Well I am not a company that needs to monitor 50 cameras, I just have one camera I want to monitor and have auto record when motion is detected, surely someone out there has made software to do that simple task without having to wipe everything else off your computer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I am not a company that needs to monitor 50 cameras, I just have one camera I want to monitor and have auto record when motion is detected, surely someone out there has made software to do that simple task without having to wipe everything else off your computer.
You cannot reliably monitor any cameras from a vms that is run on a daily use computer....
All software will run on your computer..you are confused...there is something specific with your setup that is causing this specific issue...my point no software run reliably if you are using the pc for daily use...your crap is going to interfere...use an SD card in the camera until you can afford the 75 dollars for a dedicated pc.
Also you are specific requirements, you want FREE software that also as a windows mobile app...you are asking for a lot....
or spend some time learning ivms..

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You cannot reliably monitor any cameras from a vms that is run on a daily use computer....
All software will run on your computer..you are confused...there is something specific with your setup that is causing this specific issue...my point no software run reliably if you are using the pc for daily use...your crap is going to interfere...use an SD card in the camera until you can afford the 75 dollars for a dedicated pc.
Also you are specific requirements, you want FREE software that also as a windows mobile app...you are asking for a lot....
or spend some time learning ivms..
Thanks for the reply, iVMS-4500 on my windows phone works great, and the iVMS-4200 client works great on my computer for live views and manually recording video and taking snapshots, the only problem I have is that I not been able to figure out is why the iVMS-4200 can "see" my HDD to record to it manually, but when I try to set up the iVMS-4200 storage server so I can set up auto record when motion is detected it doesn't "see" my HDD.

I would be happy to keep using iVMS-4200 if I could only get it to see my HDD for auto record and not just manual record.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, iVMS-4500 on my phone works great, and the iVMS-4200 client works great on my computer for live views and manually recording video and taking snapshots, the only problem I have is that I not been able to figure out is why the iVMS-4200 can "see" my HDD to record to it manually, but when I try to set up the iVMS-4200 storage server so I can set up auto record when motion is detected it doesn't "see" my HDD.

I would be happy to keep using iVMS-4200 if I could only get it to see my HDD for auto record and not just manual record.
there are lots of threads discussing how to properly setup ivms.

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
there are lots of threads discussing how to properly setup ivms.
And I have previously spend a LOT of time searching thru them as well as elsewhere on the web and other forums, I'll just have to keep looking and eventually find the solution I need. Thanks again for responding, it is appreciated !