Anyone from UK here?

Omar Mohammed

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would love to get some tips from you!!!!

JRNAn30

n3wb
Reaction score
Im curious what camera or NVR question you have that could be specific to the UK? How to deal with rain and grey sky? (I'm from the UK so get to poke fun at our climate).

Omar Mohammed

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's awesome and really good to know.

I'm struggling a bit and I think some of my issues are to do with our ISPs here as opposed to the US.

Have you set up your system? Are you with Sky or BT?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm in NW London and as it happens have a guy finally doing my install at long bloody last today, purchased the cams from Andy way back in the middle of March so am hoping to start finally start using them.

He's running cables as I type, one man band so might take him a day or two :)

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Omar I'am from teesside.. i think you need to be specific about the problems your having before anyone can offer any help,,

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes tell us what the problem is so that we can see if we can help.

My install never completed, he’s managed to run half of the cam cables and will need to come back to complete but here’s the bummer, he’s now busy so said he would try to get in for a day next week else the week after. No cams mounted yet so still can’t mess around.

Omar Mohammed

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Sorry have been away for a while with work.

So my question is I have Sky Fibre at home. I have a netgear VPN router but this is to hide my internet traffic. I have been told I need to get a VPN router with an OPENVPN Server to be able to access the cameras from outside the house.

Now, I am sure you can not replace the Sky router...so how do you guys access your cameras from your mobile?

Sorry forgot to add, I have a BI PC and 6 Dahua cameras.

I need to sort this out, as I want to add some cameras inside the house to be able to view when outside.