Anyone get in camera motion detection working with Axis or Mobotix?

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I would like to use the motion detection built into my Axis and Mobotix cameras. Is there a walkthrough to get this working? I can't seem to figure it out.

For example, I've turned on MxActivitySensor in the Mobotix Q24, and checked "Trigger using the cameras digital input or motion" in BlueIris, but it doesn't seem to work. On the Axis side I'm just stumped full stop.

Many thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@tuffcalc, try enabling ptz for the camera in blue iris - even though its not a ptz camera. The developer did indicate that Axis cams should work just fine...mobotix may not...
If the camera allows you to send an alarm trigger make sure to enable that.

Last edited by a moderator:

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
@tuffcalc, try enabling ptz for the camera in blue iris - even though its not a ptz camera. The developer did indicate that Axis cams should work just fine...mobotix may not...
If the camera allows you to send an alarm trigger make sure to enable that.
PTZ is enabled (it is a PTZ cam). Nothing seems to work. If anyone with an Axis camera can chime in it would be greatly appreciated!

dss

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I have only used the Q series and now a days I always use stand alone axis and hikvision nvr's....... works perfect every time.... : )

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to get IP notifications working on Axis and Mobotix. It's great as I can use the Axis Video Motion app and MxActivitySensor on Mobotix (both awesome motion detection algorithms) to trigger BlueIris on motion. I've attached some screenshots to help anyone before they pull all their hair out like I did.

Attachments

dss

Banned
Reaction score
I don't use motion detection anymore, to much recording of bugs, spider webs
and rain. I install a motion sensor at each outdoor camera that connects directly to the external sensor that each hikvision camera has, far superior to the camera motion detection. Lucky for me I do this for a living and use all the same brand equipment (camera and nvr) and Bosh Tri Tech motion sensors. It's a bit more work but no more false motion recordings.

Attachments

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't use motion detection anymore, to much recording of bugs, spider webs
and rain. I install a motion sensor at each outdoor camera that connects directly to the external sensor that each hikvision camera has, far superior to the camera motion detection. Lucky for me I do this for a living and use all the same brand equipment (camera and nvr) and Bosh Tri Tech motion sensors. It's a bit more work but no more false motion recordings.
I always thought HKVision was a budget brand, never used them though. Have no issues with Axis or Mobotix motion detection ... although you pay through the nose for both.

dss

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a Axis dealer but use Hik as they have two different lines. Most of my installs are commercial on tall poles or in the country at large warehouses covering many acres. I get false alarm off Axis dome cameras when cars drive by and the headlights shine into the dome even thought the camera is not pointed that way. I strive to make sure when my customer sees a recording hash mark that something they are interested in is the only thing that shows up. All of the PTZ and stationary cameras I install have very bright IR even stand alone IR floodlights. It really makes for many false alarms, that why I use external motion sensors and I use wireless ethernet all of the time with ethernet relays.

Attachments

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this post - I'm almost there! Still unable to get any of my Axis cams motion detection to trigger a recording in BlueIris. I have set up the camera notifications per your screenshots (changed port & credentials to match my BI settings), and yet, nothing. (HTTP test good).

2 questions, if you don't mind:

a) would you be so kind as to post screenshots of the relevant BlueIris settings (camera, camera config, motion detection, recording, PTZ, etc.), and, on the Axis custom parameter screen, does your "P5414&trigger" need to correspond to anything in BI?

Thanks again - I have no hair left.