Anyone have a theory on why this cam triggered?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Motion Detection and Smart Motion disabled. Only IVS enabled on this T5442T-ZE. No gust of wind blowing any objects in. No birds flying through the tripwires or intrusion zones. The truck shadow doesn't pass through any of the tripwires.

p.s. The truck is just passing by. It doesn't not pull into the driveway.

1706910917967.png

1706910807212.png

1706910852924.png

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The Sun reflecting off the truck? Do passing car lights at night set it off too?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The Sun reflecting off the truck? Do passing car lights at night set it off too?
You are looking at the actual trigger point. It's daytime and there are no lights on. The IVS is set for VEHICLES and HUMANS. We have Dahua cam AI triggering. Not so worried about it detecting a vehicle as that is what AI IVS is for. The question is why did it trigger to begin with?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have an SD card in the camera that you can playback and see why it triggered?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could it be a temporary lost signal that caused the camera to trigger and just coincidentally a truck was driving by.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe the system is haunted. I just notice on another camera that BI tried to save two segments for 3pm....a small 28K one then a 1.64GB one. All my stored videos are in 1 hour segments. I rolled back a few days and don't see this type of weirdness on this cam. Strange!

1706914596531.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think a weird anomaly - I think it was BI generated versus camera generated - nothing crossed that IVS zone.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've read a bunch of times that the center of an object has to pass through an IVS line. My cameras have often behaved differently, where sometimes the object has to get only close to a trip line. With the corner of the yellow box crossing a line, I'd be suspicious of that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I here ya but it shows "external" trigger.
If I make a change in a camera in BI (or do the camera restart option in BI that is just in BI and doesn't actually restart the camera), the screen then does the rainbow thing and when the video comes back I get an external alert trigger.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve seen it happen. Rare but it happens. My theory is reflection off the camera protective lens cover due to the sun position.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've seen these Dahua IVS triggers happen plenty of times with "nearby" objects that don't enter or cross trip lines or Intrusion boxes (usually with moving vehicles, not people): at this point I consider it par for the course. It means that you just need to adjust and move your lines back just a bit, and by doing so you can find ways to make these spurious detections stop. My suspicion is that the camera is internally creating a rectangular "box" around the moving object (much like BI's motion boxes) even if those are not always drawn in the GUI, and when one of those "boxes" crosses your IVS lines, it can create a trigger, even if technically the object itself didn't cross a line but simply came close.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Motion Detection and Smart Motion disabled. Only IVS enabled on this T5442T-ZE. No gust of wind blowing any objects in. No birds flying through the tripwires or intrusion zones. The truck shadow doesn't pass through any of the tripwires.

p.s. The truck is just passing by. It doesn't not pull into the driveway.

View attachment 185019

View attachment 185016

View attachment 185018
In some Dahua cameras/NVR you can check the log to see the reason for a certain event.
Since, I assume you are not using a NVR, you can try your luck with the camera log (different firmware log different events, so, not sure you will find your event in the camera).
Try this:

Instead of "Event" select all and adjust the date and time.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not only the camera but seems BI is doing something weird as I alluded to above for the Doorbell cam. BI decided out of the blue to break up the stored video for the 9am hour on the Driveway_South cam. Lots of weirdness. It did not lose power at that time either.

1707066131794.png

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
In some Dahua cameras/NVR you can check the log to see the reason for a certain event.
Since, I assume you are not using a NVR, you can try your luck with the camera log (different firmware log different events, so, not sure you will find your event in the camera).
Try this:

Instead of "Event" select all and adjust the date and time.
The log was empty for the date in question. I don't know if it's empty for the two days ago because the cam doesn't keep the log that far back or maybe I changed a setting on the cam and when I saved it the log was cleared. Beats me.