Anyone heard of this brand??

Marvin

n3wb
Reaction score
So I'm always looking for products that are "Cost Effective" for low budget customers mostly inner city. I've tested a few of the cheaper brands just to see if any on them met my standards. So just recently I was in a pinch and needed a cheap 4K camera with a 6MM lens, but couldnt find one in the price range of my customer went to amazon and found a motorized 2.8-8mm 4K dome by a company called morphxstar ordered it for $118 I was thinking it had to be some crap, but to my surprise it was a decent little camera especially for the price. What I really liked about it was it had the ability to switch protocols with the company's own ipc manager, so I could switch from Hikvision, dahua, and some others I'm not quite sure what the abbreviations were, and it became plug and play with hikvision or dahua nvrs and vms. Those were the only 2 brands I had to test with. Hopefully its ok to post a link

https://www.amazon.com/MorphXStar-Recording-Vandal-Resistant-Security-Motorized/dp/B07K4CXV1F/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=morphxstar+4k+motorized&qid=1553367090&s=gateway&sr=8-8

anyone else tried them?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
possible rebranded from ReoLink? (just guessing from the look of their cams & NVR's)
Does the GUI let you control the I-frame interval independently of frame rate?
Does it provide control over exposure rates to limit motion blur, or only auto?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm always looking for products that are "Cost Effective" for low budget customers mostly inner city. I've tested a few of the cheaper brands just to see if any on them met my standards. So just recently I was in a pinch and needed a cheap 4K camera with a 6MM lens, but couldnt find one in the price range of my customer went to amazon and found a motorized 2.8-8mm 4K dome by a company called morphxstar ordered it for $118 I was thinking it had to be some crap, but to my surprise it was a decent little camera especially for the price. What I really liked about it was it had the ability to switch protocols with the company's own ipc manager, so I could switch from Hikvision, dahua, and some others I'm not quite sure what the abbreviations were, and it became plug and play with hikvision or dahua nvrs and vms. Those were the only 2 brands I had to test with. Hopefully its ok to post a link

https://www.amazon.com/MorphXStar-Recording-Vandal-Resistant-Security-Motorized/dp/B07K4CXV1F/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=morphxstar+4k+motorized&qid=1553367090&s=gateway&sr=8-8

anyone else tried them?
You are about 50 bucks away from the dahua 2831 which offers a much larger sensor and known good quality. You are only a few dollars away from a fixed 4K cam or 2 megapixel starlight turret. aside from reliability both hardware and firmware issues with many these cheap cameras have, that one third sensor will perform a terribly in low light and at night... add the dome to the equation with ir reflection poor choice.

Last edited:

Marvin

n3wb
Reaction score
You are about 50 bucks away from the dahua 2831 which offers a much larger sensor and known good quality. You are only a few dollars away from a fixed 4K cam or 2 megapixel starlight turret. aside from reliability both hardware and firmware issues with many these cheap cameras have, that one third sensor will perform a terribly in low light and at night... add the dome to the equation with ir reflection poor choice.
point taken, thankfully in this situation camera wont be used in low light conditions

Marvin

n3wb
Reaction score
possible rebranded from ReoLink? (just guessing from the look of their cams & NVR's)
Does the GUI let you control the I-frame interval independently of frame rate?
Does it provide control over exposure rates to limit motion blur, or only auto?
will log into one tomorrow and take some screenshots to verify

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

anyone else tried them?
More than likely produced by LNtech or Raysharp, I checked Morphxstars other cams and found a PTZ verbatim that GW Security is selling.