Anyone recently purchased cameras from CCTV CAMERA CHINA

Curlyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been searching around on eBay to see what the prices of Hikvision cameras are going for. I found a DS-2CD2332-I 3MP for a decent price. However, there is an option for lens size, 2.8mm( 4mm,6mm, 8mm,12mm optional). I am guessing it comes stock with a 2.88mm. What is the normal lens size most of the users here use? Do I want the bigger lens to have a wider view or does it not matter?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been searching around on eBay to see what the prices of Hikvision cameras are going for. I found a DS-2CD2332-I 3MP for a decent price. However, there is an option for lens size, 2.8mm( 4mm,6mm, 8mm,12mm optional). I am guessing it comes stock with a 2.88mm. What is the normal lens size most of the users here use? Do I want the bigger lens to have a wider view or does it not matter?

Thanks!
The default size is 4mm....2.8 will give you the widest view..12 will be very narrow...it all depends on application..

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hence why sometimes it's better to start with a varifocal cam which can be moved around to different locations to work out the best lens required in each spot.

That was my initial plan but my other half prefers the look of domes after the turrets so mostly domes we went.

Curlyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The default size is 4mm....2.8 will give you the widest view..12 will be very narrow...it all depends on application..
Thanks for the clarification.

Hence why sometimes it's better to start with a varifocal cam which can be moved around to different locations to work out the best lens required in each spot.

That was my initial plan but my other half prefers the look of domes after the turrets so mostly domes we went.
The vari-focal camera is designed to operate at various focal distances. Does the DS-2CD332-I have the ability to have vari-focol? Are there specific camera models that are vari-focol?

Farruge

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have got 7 x 2732 domes from china. Having major problems. they keep droping off every five minutes or so and come back after about 20 seconds. It happens when connected to NVR or direct. I tried to change the firmware. It was originally V5.2.8 tried to down grade to V5.2.3 but now i can only ping the cam but can not access it.

Any Help?

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification.

The vari-focal camera is designed to operate at various focal distances. Does the DS-2CD332-I have the ability to have vari-focol? Are there specific camera models that are vari-focol?
Yes they are available in the ds2cd2732 as a dome and ds2cd2632 as a bullet. Unfortunately the 2332 isn't available in VF.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I have got 7 x 2732 domes from china. Having major problems. they keep droping off every five minutes or so and come back after about 20 seconds. It happens when connected to NVR or direct. I tried to change the firmware. It was originally V5.2.8 tried to down grade to V5.2.3 but now i can only ping the cam but can not access it.

Any Help?
Thanks for hijacking :eek:h:

The replies in your thread aren't up to scratch? The gist of it is you'll need to tftp the firmware back on to the camera. Do a search for more detailed directions.

Farruge

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just got 7 x 2732's from china. All apear to reboot every 5 minutes or so. They had V5.28. Tried to load V5.20 via TFTP but now can not access cameras at all.
Any Help?

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have just got 7 x 2732's from china. All apear to reboot every 5 minutes or so. They had V5.28. Tried to load V5.20 via TFTP but now can not access cameras at all.
Any Help?
Grasshopper -

It appears you still have much to learn.
Several have nicely mentioned your hijacking this thread.
That means jumping in the middle an ongoing conversation to complain about your problem.

I'll be more direct: cut it out.
It's rude and pissing off the people who can help will not get you help.

Start a new thread. That way you can have the whole thing to yourself. Unless someone hijacks it, of course.

Seriously, Forums like this work because people stay nice and try to follow the many unwritten rules. Hijacking a thread is one of the big ones.

Yes, you're learning and no one will hold it against you but the Master may not be pleased.
:)