Anyone running DeepStack 2022.01.1?

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DeepStack only supports NVIDIA GPUs. From the install guide:
So when I looked up gtx1060 on Amazon, it has an Asus GeForce GTX 1060. I need to make sure it say Nvidia GTX 1060?

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So when I looked up gtx1060 on Amazon, it has an Asus GeForce GTX 1060. I need to make sure it say Nvidia GTX 1060?
There's a Zotac GeForce GTX 1660, says it has an Nvidia chip set.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If it says GTX1xxx it has an NVidia processor which is a CUDA capable processor. The difference between the 1030 and 1060 is the number of CUDA processors available on the card.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at those prices, I’d suggest entering NewEggs Shuffle for an RTX 3060. The 3060 is 70% faster and just a little more money.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, I'm having nightmare problems with Deepstack. I wanted to reinstall it because I was constantly getting 16000+ms timeouts and '404' errors.
So I uninstalled deepstack and downloaded the version that this thread suggested and I opened Windows powershell and navigated to my C:\Deepstack folder and copied and pasted 'deepstack --VISION-DETECTION True --PORT 80'.

Then I pressed 'test in browser', and it worked, except it was asking me to activate the API. I couldn't for the life of me find out how the hell do this online - it kept sending me in circles. I don't ever remember having to do any of this when I first installed BI with deepstack built in, so I uninstalled it again, exported my BI settings file to somewhere safe, and uninstalled BI.

I redownloaded BI and installed it - and for some reason, all my settings were automatically intact, even though the whole folder in Program Files was completely removed! How is this possible?

Anyway, I went to the 'AI' tab, and clicked 'test in browser', but Deepstack now times out completely.

Here's my AI settings.
1643802624651.png

What am I doing wrong?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The "deepstack --VISION-DETECTION True --PORT 80" is not used or needed when folks are using the BI/DS integration, so that was probably part of the problem. It should just be download the .exe file, run it, and then check the boxes in BI to get DS running.

As I mentioned in your other thread, you have some other issues going on. An 11th gen with only 7 cameras should be sipping CPU, like under 5%.

Did you do a clean Windows install using the media creation tool? Is anything else running on that computer? I get better DS times than you running way more cameras on a 4th generation.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you do a clean Windows install using the media creation tool? Is anything else running on that computer? I get better DS times than you running way more cameras on a 4th generation.
Yes, this computer was specifically built just for BI.
I installed Windows 11 from a USB created by the media creation tool.

Nothing else is running on the PC.

I have no idea what to do :(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do an uninstall of Deepstack.

Manually delete the folders or files left over after uninstall.

Reinstall Deepstack.

Even though BI let's you say where the custom models are, many have found that if you do not put them in the default location, that it is problematic, so put them in C:\DeepStack\MyModels

Reboot computer.

See if that fixes it.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do an uninstall of Deepstack.

Manually delete the folders or files left over after uninstall.

Reinstall Deepstack.
Reboot computer.
I've done all that multiple times. Using version 2022.02.1. This is the message it's giving me when I press 'start now' in the AI settings.

1643806464026.png

My C:\DeepStack folder looks like this:

1643806504464.png

I noticed there's no .exe file. Isn't this what BI is looking for?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh you are running the new DS version - yeah, I think someone said you have to move the .exe file to where BI is expecting to see it, or run the prior version of DS.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes living on the leading edge is the bleeding edge. Many here run older versions of stuff until the bugs are worked out.

In this instance, the issue is that Deepstack changed its file structure and BI is still on the old file structure. I am sure the next BI update will fix it.

As pointed out in another thread:

I figured out the issue and now have Blue Iris starting DeepStack version 2022.01.1. The issue was DS version 2021.09.01 had two of the same files just named differently in folder "C:\DeepStack\server" one was named deepstack.exe and the other was named server.exe. Blue Iris is trying to starts up server.exe. DeepStack version 2022.01.1 only has one file in folder "C:\DeepStack\server" named deepstack.exe. The fix was copy deepstack.exe in the same folder with the file name server.exe.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so I found the solution to get this version working.

You have to navigate to your Deepstack\Server directory, copy the Deepstack.exe file into that same folder and rename it 'server.exe'.

Then start the server within BI.

It's the stupidest thing ever, but it works.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok so I found the solution to get this version working.

You have to navigate to your Deepstack\Server directory, copy the Deepstack.exe file into that same folder and rename it 'server.exe'.

Then start the server within BI.

It's the stupidest thing ever, but it works.
NO....you didn't find the solution...we said the solution in a previous post...that was a repost from a previous thread of the solution...

It isn't the stupidest thing ever....if you would take a moment to read what we type you would understand why that was needed....

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NO....you didn't find the solution...we said the solution in a previous post...that was a repost from a previous thread of the solution...
Well that's what I meant. Obviously it didn't come from my own divine knowledge lol. I was reposting here in case someone in the future has the same problem and comes across this thread.

It isn't the stupidest thing ever....if you would take a moment to read what we type you would understand why that was needed....
Woah, no need to get upset. I meant it was a silly (ie. Trivial) solution. No offense meant!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I suspect that if DS doesn't fix the file structure to match the previous structure, I do not think BI will "fix" this for the next update. Rather they will put in the help file these instructions for those running the latest DS.

If BI were to fix it, then anyone running previous versions of DS will then break and not work.