Anyone seen this error? {{szErrorTip}}

noshocks

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have been running my DS-2CD2042WD-I for about a week with no issues until yesterday when I started to get this error message when trying to login to the web interface.

Hikvision Error.png
The first time it happened I was able to clear it by rebooting. This morning I got the message again and have rebooted twice now with no luck.

Any ideas how to fix this error?

I have not done any firmware updates to this camera since I bought it a few weeks ago.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that looks like the translation file is not loading; try your browser in privacy mode...

thats just a palceholder for a error message; but its not actually showing the error message
Code:
<div class="inputValidTip" ng-show="szErrorTip!=''"><i class='error'></i><label>{{szErrorTip}}</label></div>

noshocks

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Nayr. I turned off the camera and I'll try your suggestion when I return home.

It seems to be more than just a browser issue for me though. The camera now shows up in my Synology NVR as disconnected. Can't get a picture or access the camera.

Little surprised that I get almost no Google results when I search on szerrortip....

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like your firmware may be corrupt.. its not loading language files or giving a video stream; thats bad, very bad.

jon102034050

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I have been running my DS-2CD2042WD-I for about a week with no issues until yesterday when I started to get this error message when trying to login to the web interface.

The first time it happened I was able to clear it by rebooting. This morning I got the message again and have rebooted twice now with no luck.

Any ideas how to fix this error?

I have not done any firmware updates to this camera since I bought it a few weeks ago.
Did you ever figure this out? I just got a new camera and its showing this error when I attempt to hit the web interface.

Reaction score
Thanks Nayr. I turned off the camera and I'll try your suggestion when I return home.

It seems to be more than just a browser issue for me though. The camera now shows up in my Synology NVR as disconnected. Can't get a picture or access the camera.

Little surprised that I get almost no Google results when I search on szerrortip....
Apologies for resuming this very old thread, but I just faced the same issue.
Did you find a solution? (Or do you remember how you fixed it?)

I am using macOS + VMware running Windows 7 to try to flash the DVR using the TFTP tool.

I have assigned the IP address 192.0.0.128, the only time I was able to get Windows to locate the DVR, I did not remember I had Avast installed, which blocked everything.
[2020-09-19 00:55:55] Connect client success [192.0.0.128]Success
[2020-09-19 00:55:55] Open file failure[C:\Users\Marco\Desktop\TFTP-Update\AVAST-HNS-SCAN-PROBE]
[2020-09-19 01:00:51] TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized

Now, I have removed Avast, rebooted the VM. No luck, my box won't be detected.

I aslo tried with a very old PC running Windows XP, but the DVR does not get detect at all(even though TX/RX is blinking on the DVR).

Were you able to fix this?

Reaction score
Is the VM network interface in bridge mode or NAT mode?
In a VirtualBox VM under Linux, bridge mode is needed for the Hikvision tftp to operate, maybe the same under macOS.
thanks for the reply!!

Yep, bridge mode!
last night, after multiple attempts, I got tftp to identify the DVR once, the problem is, the Win7 VM had Avast installed, which blocked everything.
i tried removing avast, restarting the VM, playing again with network settings, but the DVR was never recognized again.
i will attempt again today!

the very weird thing is that, even though I unplugged the VDR, completely powered off, I can still ping it for some reason.
it is the only device that does something similar on my network. Tried to trace the IP address to be sure that the router did not assign the IP to any other device. No other device is using that IP. Also, scanning the network with a mobile app, it says that the IP belongs to an Hikvision device(even if it is powered off!),p. That should be some sort of ARP cache I guess, i don’t have any other explanation.

i still have the right firmware that I used 2 years ago for an update, so I will use that again, but I need to find a way to get the tftp server to detect the DVR.

if you have any tips, that’s very much appreciated!

marco

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the very weird thing is that, even though I unplugged the VDR, completely powered off, I can still ping it for some reason.
That makes no sense. If it really is powered off, it will not respond to a ping.

it says that the IP belongs to an Hikvision device(even if it is powered off!),p. That should be some sort of ARP cache I guess, i don’t have any other explanation.
Check the respective MAC addresses. You might see them in the ARP cache. I'd suspect a duplicate IP address.

Reaction score
That makes no sense. If it really is powered off, it will not respond to a ping.

Check the respective MAC addresses. You might see them in the ARP cache. I'd suspect a duplicate IP address.
Agreed 100%!

What I thought was: ok, maybe the router has assigned the IP to something else already.
But then when scanning the network from a Mobile Device, it says Hikvision NAS.
The problem is, I don't see the MAC address being written on the DVR anywhere.

Very very strange. Never seen anything similar.

also with this setup:
DVR connected over ethernet directly to my Mac;
Mac with a DHCP assigned IP, bridged network on the VM(with auto detection). IP address of 192.0.0.128 on the Win7 VM, I start Wireshark on my Mac, Wireshark does not detect anything on the ethernet(and the DVR does not have the TX/RX blinking).

I have tried also:
Mac with IP 192.0.0.128 on the ethernet, network with "Only Host" on the VM and the VM with the same IP address 192.0.0.128, if I start Wireshark, I can see the the request coming from the DVR asking for "what is the device with 192.0.0.128), but I guess there is no response since the TFTP server is still on "TFTP server initialized" and it does not move. in this case the TX/RX on the DVR blinks.

I tried connecting the DVR directly to a Win XP PC(not a VM), connecting directly via ethernet, assigning the IP 192.0.0.128, but in that case nothing happens. All firewall are disabled and there is no antivirus either.

Not sure what else to try...

Reaction score
Ok, update.
I was able to track down another device which for some reason was assigned the IP address of the DVR.
Still very strange, this device was already at home and had a different IP, not sure when the lease was renewed.

What I tried now is, attempted to connect the DVR to the router as before, and scan the network.
But now I cannot locate the DVR, which let's me think that the firmware is probably corrupted and I am intermittently able to load the GUI with: szErrorTip

@alastairstevenson what setup do you have on your Linux + VM?
I tried all the combination but I am getting crazy.

What IP do you assign to the physical Linux PC?
So that then you can bridge it to the windows VM.. The windows VM has a manually assigned IP 192.0.0.128/24.

Thanks for the assists so far!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But now I cannot locate the DVR
Using what method? SADP is usually pretty good at locating any (functioning) Hikvision device.

what setup do you have on your Linux + VM?
I tried all the combination but I am getting crazy.
Nothing particularly unusual.
The Linux PC uses 192.168.1.99
The Windows VM uses DHCP by default, so just gets network settings in the same address range as the Linux PC.
Unless I set a fixed IP address such as 192.0.0.128 if I want to use the Hikvision tftp updater tool.

Reaction score
Using what method? SADP is usually pretty good at locating any (functioning) Hikvision device.

Nothing particularly unusual.
The Linux PC uses 192.168.1.99
The Windows VM uses DHCP by default, so just gets network settings in the same address range as the Linux PC.
Unless I set a fixed IP address such as 192.0.0.128 if I want to use the Hikvision tftp updater tool.
If I connect the DVR as it was connected via ethernet before, SADP or BatchConfigTool will not locate it. (the IP should be 192.168.1.5/24).
I cannot ping the DVR either, but the web Guide will intermittently load on "{{szErrorTip}}"

My Mac has 192.168.1.21/24 address on my WiFi interface. (Assigned by DHCP)
The network is in bridge mode(auto detect).
Inside the VM I have manually assigned the IP address 192.0.0.128/24.

Yesterday I was able to get the TFPT to move to " Connect client success [192.0.0.128]Success" once, but Avast blocked it.
That was the only time that TFPT server did something. (I honestly don't remember the type of network setup I had in that specific attempt but I think it was like the one I mentioned above).

Guess I will have to start looking for a new DVR ... (everything started from the drive failure though)

NO CARRIER

n3wb
Reaction score
Reviving this thread once again. I've recently installed a Hikvision villa door station. (POE Injection + Ethernet directly to my router to the doorbell outside the front door) --- it's not plugged directly into my NVR.

When I reboot the entire system everything works as expected. I see all 5 cameras (4 outdoor hardwired to NVR + 1 doorbell). However after around 2 hours the NVR will begin beeping, which I've eventually learned was an alarm tha cameras are offline. Sure enough all the ethernet ports no longer have green or orange lights blinking.

When I attempt to login to the NVR I get the same error as above. The NVR does still show up on my network/router, so it's somewhat responsive. Any ideas on why it would work fine for a few hours before dying with the above error?

+++ath0
NO CARRIER