Anyone tried the IPC-HDW4231M Starlight?

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm researching my next purchase and wanted to know if anyone has used or tried the IPC-HDW4231M Starlight? Just sent a note to Andy asking his price on it, hoping it's less than the other turrets.

Looking for something less expensive to Detect/Observe for my live feed to complement the existing IPC-HDW5231R-Z that are zoomed in on key areas. Any suggestions or alternatives are welcome.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm researching my next purchase and wanted to know if anyone has used or tried the IPC-HDW4231M Starlight? Just sent a note to Andy asking his price on it, hoping it's less than the other turrets.

Looking for something less expensive to Detect/Observe for my live feed to complement the existing IPC-HDW5231R-Z that are zoomed in on key areas. Any suggestions or alternatives are welcome.
get the turret version...you will have issues with spider webs on that one..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Price difference will be negligible over this one: http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdw4231em-as-3721.html
This is the much better choice.

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
get the turret version...you will have issues with spider webs on that one..
I live in a rural area and have spider web issues on all my cameras. :( Good point though, I bet they would love to make a web right in front of that lens.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Are there any advantages to this dome? Or is the turret-version basically version 2.0 of Camera dome aesthetics?