Anyone uses wall mountable monitor with streaming box? Any recommendations?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am currently using 15" windows tablet to view cams, but I would like to switch to larger monitor and wall mount it. Does anyone have any recommendations? Probably 20"-24", but I'd like it to have small bezel and thin to make it as flush as possible to the wall. What are the best (cost effective) options?

As far as streaming box, I am thinking either android stick or a small box and use tiny cam pro, but maybe there is something better?

TIA

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any recommendations for the monitor. A 15 inch tablet is already pretty good. (mind if I ask, what model is this?)

It can be tricky to wall mount a large monitor. You just about have to build the mount custom since most off-the-shelf wall mounts will add a number of inches to the depth. For a streaming box, I encourage you use something wired, not wireless, as 24/7 streaming can be taxing on a wifi network. Maybe instead of a streaming box, just run HDMI from the NVR.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't have any recommendations for the monitor. A 15 inch tablet is already pretty good. (mind if I ask, what model is this?)

It can be tricky to wall mount a large monitor. You just about have to build the mount custom since most off-the-shelf wall mounts will add a number of inches to the depth. For a streaming box, I encourage you use something wired, not wireless, as 24/7 streaming can be taxing on a wifi network. Maybe instead of a streaming box, just run HDMI from the NVR.
I've been using HP Envy x2, initially it was my media center streaming box as well camera view but I've made a few changes and it's no longer serving this purpose. Also I am just looking for bigger monitor because displaying 8 cams on 15" isn't particularly great
http://store.hp.com/us/en/ContentView?eSpotName=ENVY15x2&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151

I have triple band router, so streaming on wifi hasn't been an issue, but the new box will most likely will be connected to router directly.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks like will do the job for mount. Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you are streaming to a box, make sure it's on your local network and not being port forwarded out and back in wasting internet bandwidth from your data.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got this touch screen mounted in the kitchen:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1073476&gclid=CJ7OuZGGu8oCFQqtaQodZGUCog&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&Q=&A=details

Picked it up awhile back for $125 on sale. I have a Intel Compute Stick and an Android stick I've tried, however for the most part I use the Compute stick as that gets used for streaming and quick online lookups as well and sometimes I clip/export video from it. All in all the monitor is great and touch function/aspect of it is wonderful. It has your standard versa mount holes and you can get a box recess mount so the box, mount, and all wiring sit back inside the wall leaving the monitor damn near flush - assuming your somewhere in US with standard building codes of 16" on center studs - if not a little more work will be required to get the box to mount, then you just pickup the matching mount depending on need and it clips in the box.
https://www.surveillance-video.com/accessory-iwb1.html/

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score