anyone using telus for internet provider?

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
Cant seem to get blue iris mobile to connect in anyway to the supplied modem actiontec t3200m. Has anyone else ran into this im guessing only way around this is to buy another modem and bridge it. only way i can view my cameras is from blue iris pc and if i log into the camera itself but can only do that from a pc doesnt work from iphone

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you trying to access Blue Iris' from outside of your LAN?

Telus is blocking default incoming HTTP port 80. You need to map another port (like 8080) in NAT section to the Blue Iris' computer (8080 -> 80) and then specify that port in Blue Iris' mobile app or browser (http://bi.computer:8080)

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes but I can’t even view it on wifi but I’ve been trying port 80 I’ll switch it up thanks. Just trying to access blue iris on the mobile app but want to be able to view it away from my lan in the end.

I’m new to all of this and so far this has been giving me the most trouble but I know next to nothing about networks. Just wasn’t sure if TELUS was doing something different causing it.

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you trying to access Blue Iris' from outside of your LAN?

Telus is blocking default incoming HTTP port 80. You need to map another port (like 8080) in NAT section to the Blue Iris' computer (8080 -> 80) and then specify that port in Blue Iris' mobile app or browser (http://bi.computer:8080)

Thx that did the trick works from my lan and away from my lan. Just to be clear that is port forwarding right? Every post I came across on the web said with the t3200m and TELUS that there was no way you could port forward.... now to make this connection secure is tunnel any good since my router isn’t vpn capable? Or the only option is a new router? Or can I setup a vpn on the blue iris pc

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that is port forwarding.

You can use stunnel or VPN, whichever is easier for you to set up.

Cgy-User

n3wb
Reaction score
Thx that did the trick works from my lan and away from my lan. Just to be clear that is port forwarding right? Every post I came across on the web said with the t3200m and TELUS that there was no way you could port forward.... now to make this connection secure is tunnel any good since my router isn’t vpn capable? Or the only option is a new router? Or can I setup a vpn on the blue iris pc
Hi,
I'm both on TELUS and have a T3200M modem and use blueiris. You can easily setup port forwarding on the T3200M. Login with admin, the admin password for your modem will be written on the side of the modem. Then once logged in click on the firewall icon near the top. From there you can select on the left side Port forwarding. You can then define what port forwarding you like. As mentioned above. Port 80 is blocked. So you will want to use something else. You can set it up to forward to your blueIris and translate from the port # you selected to port 80 on your BlueIris, if you want.

Hope that helps.

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
Thx I got it all working and setup stunnel only thing is now I can’t connect when on work wifi but can connect if I’m on cellular but I assume this may be normal I can also connect on my wifi. Work wifi isn’t public is got a password etc but is this normal?

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it can be depending on your work's IT administrator's policies. it sound like they are blocking ports on the wifi.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why not use your own Asus router, and put the t3200 in bridge mode ? Then you can setup openvpn.

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
Was planning on doing that but stunnel was an option that didn’t require a new router so figured I’d try it first everything seems to work fine just can’t connect to via work wifi but it’s not a big deal to me