Application Crashing

SimpleMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased Iris Blue and have the latest 64-bit application running on a 64bit win7 pc.

I've got 3 SecurityCameraKing IP camera connected and 1 Axis Communications Q1765 camera connected. Everything I make a change to the camera setup (within Blue Iris) the application crashes. If I disconnect the Axis camera the application will crash as well.

Any ideas why? The other 3 cameras are no issue at all.

TIA

Nick

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... Are you running the latest version? If so email support.. It's most likely due to the 64 bit compile... Note with so few cams you should just run the 32 bit version.. You will have a much better experience...

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Blue Iris was crashing on me when I tried to add a hacked together PogoPlug running ArchLinux with Motion because I did not know what I was doing when trying to set it up in the software. I still don't know what I'm doing but I kept trying to configurations and finally got it to stabilize. It sounds like you need try a different configuration on the culprit camera that is causing it to crash. Things like stream type, RTSP, MJPEG, etc.

SimpleMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I uninstalled the 64bit version and installed the 32bit version and the problem has gone away. Thanks for the tip.

NetWorker...I actually did that as well but I didn't have any success.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I uninstalled the 64bit version and installed the 32bit version and the problem has gone away. Thanks for the tip.

NetWorker...I actually did that as well but I didn't have any success.
Im glad that worked...if you can, try and send a message to support so he can fix the issue...