archer c7 help IP cams won't connect

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
Got a new router tp link archer c7. I did normal set up . changed password user name.set wireless security to my user and password. I turned off 5g and have it on 2.4.set to wep2 personal with password. The router is hooked into my laptop via wan. I open the cameras via wan hook up and reset the wireless to the new router. Nothing so frustrated. So I hooked up to the router and do the 192.168.1.99:99 search nothing so frustrated. Please help this is my third router so I have done it before. What am I missing. Also using blue iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a new router tp link archer c7. I did normal set up . changed password user name.set wireless security to my user and password. I turned off 5g and have it on 2.4.set to wep2 personal with password. The router is hooked into my laptop via wan. I open the cameras via wan hook up and reset the wireless to the new router. Nothing so frustrated. So I hooked up to the router and do the 192.168.1.99:99 search nothing so frustrated. Please help this is my third router so I have done it before. What am I missing. Also using blue iris.
Welcome to the forum...What do you mean by hooked up via wan? Your internet connection be hooked up to the wan port. Also what do you mean by "192.168.1.99:99" what device are you trying to reach at that address...
First things first..do you have an internet connection?
Do you know the ip address of your router?
Do you know the ip address of your cameras?

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't detailed last night. And Ty for welcoming me to the forum. I will use this one since the other forum is slow. I figured it out after a little bit of whiskey. My blue iris wasn't reading the router cause of the mask or some number. Sorry bad at remembering the names. I changed it from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 all my cameras came up instantly!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't detailed last night. And Ty for welcoming me to the forum. I will use this one since the other forum is slow. I figured it out after a little bit of whiskey. My blue iris wasn't reading the router cause of the mask or some number. Sorry bad at remembering the names. I changed it from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 all my cameras came up instantly!
Great, Glad you got it working!