Archived clips are gone

Lizzy Leff

n3wb
Reaction score
I right clicked a few clips and chose "Archive clips," but they are gone. My settings say these clips should be in C:\BlueIris\db, but the only files in there are .dat files which cannot be played. I need those clips back! Help! :sad2:

Btw, C:\BlueIris\New only contains new clips and the other Blue Iris folders have nothing in them.

Lizzy

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you look at Blue Iris Options on the Clips and Archiving Tab in the section titled Folders, the first form field likely displays "New" with a drop down arrow at the right. Click the drop down arrow and select "Stored". Then look at the "Path" line -- it will indicate where the archived clips are currently being stored and you can select a different storage location here if you want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizzy Leff

n3wb
Reaction score
It was set for the archived clips to be stored in c:\BlueIris\Stored, but they are not there. Thank you for helping me.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On that same Options tab for the "New" folder, are the Limit Folder Size and Limit Clip Age items specified appropriately? And, is the Move To Folder item checked and the "Stored" folder specified as the move to location? This controls when and where clips are archived from the "New" folder.

Also, check that the same items for the "Stored" folder are specified appropriately to control how long the archived clips are retained.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizzy Leff

n3wb
Reaction score
The Storage was set for 20g max size, to be moved to the storage file, and I unselected limit clip age.
For New, the files go to New with limits of 10g and 7 days.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, first off I didn't read your original question very well. You asked about clips that you right clicked and chose "Archive". I have been talking about the configuration for storage of clips in my responses which it seems is an entirely different issue. Sorry for any confusion this has caused.

What you asked about (right click on clip and select "Archive") is flagging clips to be "copied to your web archive". I am not at all familiar with the "web archive" setup or operation so it seems I cannot help with your issue. Hopefully someone who is familiar with the web archive functionality will chime in with some help.