ARDUINO & BLUE IRIS 5 | 2022

Reaction score
HI!

I NEED SOME HELP!

I'M NEW TO IMPLEMENTING ARDUINO WITH BLUE IRIS AND I CAN'T GET IT WORKING.

I NEED TO ACTIVATE A 4-CHANNEL RELAY WITH MY ARDUINO UNO WHEN DIO ACTIONS TRIGGER.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN?

I HAVE SEEN OLD POSTS BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO ADAPT IT TO MY NEED. SURELY I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

THANK YOU!

Reaction score
First of all Thank you!

I already managed to make it work!

I had to make adjustments to the program settings and minor modifications to the code. It also helped me to check the BI log to know if the COM3 port was active and, on the other hand, to follow a reset protocol (remove the cable, uncheck Serial Port in BI) for when I needed to upload a new compilation to the Arduino board. I realized that I spent a long time not knowing if the modifications were being applied and if the port was really operational.

I recommend this POST it has helped me a lot:

Greetings to all!

Mariano

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hey man that’s awesome. I love Arduino!

It seems you are triggering BI from Arduino. What sensor do you have that is the event for Arduino to trigger BI? (Meaning what is your architecture or in simple terms, can you provide a diagram of how everything is hooked up - not just code bits)

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm.. great opportunity to incorporate a LUX sensor for 'less complicated' day/night switching?

Reaction score
out of curiosity, what do you do with the Adruino?
I was planning on getting into ESP32 this fall to start working on automated wood working dust collection blast gates to open/close. All these options out there to make things happen gets...confusing with all the options :)

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am showing my age as I had to look up ESP32! The ESP32 seems like a nice upgrade, I accomplished the same thing with individual components however, cause ‘back in the day’ (about 4-5 years ago) they did not bundle this type of functionality.

My use of Arduino is for my home theater. The equipment rack is not in the same room as me when watching movies.

Couple if things I was trying to accomplish. One was that on the Marantz receiver, if you change the volume by remote it displays that change on the screen. So I put a stepper motor onto the volume control shaft then via wireless and Arduino made my own remote control (with a black hobby box)

Another thing I wanted to accomplish was that from one movie to another the bass would be too much or too little. Drilling down through the Marantz menus to turn it up/down a little all the time was bothersome, so I put a stepper motor on the bass amp shaft and another volume knob in the hobby box and connected the two wirelessly via Arduino.

Then I could adjust the two freely and without Marantz menu intervention. I was going to repeat the same for the ceiling Atmos speakers, but never got that far.

A few months ago I replaced Marantz with a Lyngdorf and all that went away. Plus the sound quality leap was significant to say the least.

Reaction score
I am showing my age as I had to look up ESP32! The ESP32 seems like a nice upgrade, I accomplished the same thing with individual components however, cause ‘back in the day’ (about 4-5 years ago) they did not bundle this type of functionality.

My use of Arduino is for my home theater. The equipment rack is not in the same room as me when watching movies.

Couple if things I was trying to accomplish. One was that on the Marantz receiver, if you change the volume by remote it displays that change on the screen. So I put a stepper motor onto the volume control shaft then via wireless and Arduino made my own remote control (with a black hobby box)

Another thing I wanted to accomplish was that from one movie to another the bass would be too much or too little. Drilling down through the Marantz menus to turn it up/down a little all the time was bothersome, so I put a stepper motor on the bass amp shaft and another volume knob in the hobby box and connected the two wirelessly via Arduino.

Then I could adjust the two freely and without Marantz menu intervention. I was going to repeat the same for the ceiling Atmos speakers, but never got that far.

A few months ago I replaced Marantz with a Lyngdorf and all that went away. Plus the sound quality leap was significant to say the least.
I assume that blows my denon network amplifier out of the water :)

And I will be learning stepper motor stuff with this ESP 32 for the blast gates. Or I might use power window regulator motors because I can get those free. I'm sure yet as I have to do some testing this fall.