Are Dahua 4MP cams on Ali Chinese?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008, yes, I have done this before, and can verify that it works...Using a standard 4 port 802.3af switch and a hikvision camera...
This also mean that in a pinch, although it wont be pretty you can use a single cable to run 2 cameras...not sure if there would be packet loss issues because of crosstalk or not though...

Last edited by a moderator:

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I live in a place where in 12 years nobody has ever bothered anything, can leave car doors unlocked, nothing.
I just have a neighbor who lives next to me that has a problem, he had a problem with the person who lived on my land before I bought it. I didn't know there was an issue until I started having issues with this neighbor. Put up a fence to stop the trespassing, to block the trash, etc.

This person has a problem, you ignore him and it makes no difference. He's been arrested for trespassing, he's damaged my fence, he's attacked me, his wife has attacked me. All of this on video. I have sued him for harassment and other things, he has defied the judge's orders, etc. He is nothing but a liar and a hypocrite. This case is honestly 1 sided, Some can say it always takes 2 people to cause a problem. Not always, we ignore him and he still does what he can to bother. He will pile up garbage along our fence to let the grass grow up 2 feet, etc. Serious jealousy problems, and is just an overall POS.

He has lied in court about things, and it's on video, he has lied on his answer to my lawsuit before, saying he has never had a problem with any other neighbors, I have audio of the previous neighbor saying how he was hospitalized over the stress and eventually moved because of this person. He already has a problem with the new neighbor that just arrived last fall. He is just straight trash.

Pardon my curiosity - but "too many incidents"? Do you live somewhere with high crime or something?

I'm fortunate - I live on the 2nd floor and unless I'm expecting someone, I never answer my door. (Being isolated on the 2nd floor means no one really KNOWS I'm home)

(Although that is part of the reason I'm here - to have a better idea of what's going on at my front door.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I feel for you...

Not much you can really do other than move... In the end the guy sounds not just like trash but potentially unstable.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He threatened to shoot me a couple weeks ago, it's on audio, have court monday ;)
TCB :p

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Holy crap.

What's going to happen at court? Restraining order?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He filed a restraining order type thing against me, but you can't do it against neighbors, he lied on the statement and other things, as he is nothing but a liar. A few weeks ago, he attacked me, I pretty much "beat" him up, first punch and he went down, he came at me again, I punched him somemore, then put him in a headlock and took him to the ground. Just kept him there until he stopped pulling my hair, lol. He lied on the statement, he knows we've had cameras for 12 years, I guess he thinks since the camera isn't pointing in that direct direction, that it can't see that area. LOL!

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you put up a no trespassing sign and prosecute him for coming onto your property even to knock on your door?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have a sign on our fence, yes he has been arrested for trespassing before, I have video of him trespassing since then, which will be turned over after court, unless court will handle that issue also.
It's very hard to get an officer to do anything, they want to show up and say what they want, want to turn and walk away while you are trying to talk, always say it's a civil matter and not want to get involved, or threaten to take both people to jail. A bunch of BS, so it's best you take your evidence and go to the station and have them deal with it there. It's like calling someone on the phone, they'll tell you anything to get you off the phone, but if you show up at the store, they pretty much have to help you. lol

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So what is the end game here? How do you get this POS out of your life?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought after him threatening to kick my ass all these years, and him getting his kicked would be the end of it. I guess we'll see what happens at court tm. They should throw him in jail a few days, that may make things change, otherwise battle it as it comes. :)