Are people typically using the round PVC conduit junctions to mount turrets or...

rufunky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are people typically using the round PVC conduit junctions to mount turrets to PVC conduit runs or the metal ones that you buy specifically for the cameras?

I'm not even sure if the round, conduit, PVC junction boxs are compatible with dahua turret mounting holes?

rufunky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I try to buy the matching boxes for each camera I order from @EMPIRETECANDY because they aren't terribly expensive and are well constructed and pretty well sealed to prevent moisture intrusion.
Ok, thats what I planned on doing. I have the matching junction boxes but I can not figure out what adapters I need to connect the 3/4 PVC conduit to the metal dahua junctions.

What do you use?

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use IP6X project boxes, with the camera mounted onto the front panel with short brass fixings

dudemaar

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, thats what I planned on doing. I have the matching junction boxes but I can not figure out what adapters I need to connect the 3/4 PVC conduit to the metal dahua junctions.

What do you use?
Take the Dahua junction box to a electrical supply store and show them your issue. I’m sure they can help.

crw030

Known around here
Reaction score
think the dahua junctions are 1/2" inlets.
Might depend on the box, I have one here for Dahua IPC-B5442E-Z4E and it definitely appears to be 3/4" threads. Smaller ones might have one or both 1/2" & 3/4". I suspect these are pipe threads that are very common if you visit a Home Depot or Lowe's with Dahua box in hand.

rufunky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I made a trip to home Depot with the junction box in hand. This is what I came up with in case someone else runs into this issue.

I think the 3/4 inch box adapter it's supposed to slide through from the inside but this seems like it should work.

Attachments