Are these an hikvision clone? Have two arriving on friday, looking for more info. (Anpviz IPC-D280W-S-3X)

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, so I was tossing up between some amcrest cameras and these, because some fucking asshole just ripped my garage camera down and stole it, this is the second time someone ripped it down but this time they cut the wire.

The amcrest cameras were refurbs and going to take till the end of the month to arrive, more than I wanted to wait, so I ordered two of these.

According to one of the reviews on the us site they are made by hikvision, however I asked the seller through amazon and they said that they are not. I was hoping someone here might have some info, or at the least I can provide some images and whatnot when they arrive to see if there's any hikvision branding on the pcb or identifiers that will let me know what firmware I could flash them with. The IR array doesn't have a cover over it, and all of the hikvision ones do but maybe that's a difference that they made when they are manufacturing them for other companies?

One thing I'm concerned with now that they said they aren't made by hikvision, is if they really are anti vandal and will hold up to being attacked or not.

The website I linked might not be the exact same model since the amazon page isn't great but it's probably pretty close.

I also want to get some spare protective covers to have on hand, if someone could point me in the right way.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ONVIF Compliance & Hikvision Compatible-ONVIF defines a common protocol for the exchange of information to allow greater interoperability in multi-vendor network video systems, Like Swann, Lorex, Qsee, Dahua, Amcrest NVR, Etc. Most important, it is Hikvision Compatible, plug and play with Hikvision NVR; Easy set up. Blue Iris, Ispy, Milestone supported, NAS, QNAP,Synology NAS supported.
It's quite common now to see a number of firmware implementations come with a 'hikserver' module that provides a degree of Hikvision compatibility, to the extent that not only does Hikvision's SADP tool find the camera, but the camera can be added to a Hikvision NVR using the Hikvision protocol.
The product info you linked to does not suggest these cameras are Hikvision OEM models, in my view.

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
It's quite common now to see a number of firmware implementations come with a 'hikserver' module that provides a degree of Hikvision compatibility, to the extent that not only does Hikvision's SADP tool find the camera, but the camera can be added to a Hikvision NVR using the Hikvision protocol.
The product info you linked to does not suggest these cameras are Hikvision OEM models, in my view.
Ah, that's something I didn't know. Hmm.

I'm kind of tempted to place an orderfor the amcrest cameras then, I'd be going for the IP8M-2493 ones, and then returning these after they arrive. It just really sucks that it's 19-30 days to arrive, and that's from the states no less.

The lack of vandal rating on the pages is concerning to me, although I guess even ik10 won't protect against some asshole with a baseballbat or something.

God I'm still so fucking pissed off right now. And I hate the idea that now I have nothing watching the back of the garage. I should have put up a second bullet camera without waiting for the property owner's permission, they always take forever to make their mind up but they are the ones with expensive stuff around too.

XOIIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, this reply doesn't help my opinion.

Thanks so much for you reply.

Our camera has a metal shell and good explosion-proof function.

In one test I did, a man stood on a camera and it wasn't damaged at all

I guess I'll order the amcrest ones, throw these up in the meantime, then return them after. I don't want to risk these being easy to fuck up.