Are these really bugs?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of my cameras has much more floaty things flying around the camera. I assume they have to be bugs? My porch camera doesn't seem to have this issue. I mean I will see like a bug or two flying around but not a constant snowfall of action. I'm pretty sure it's not snow as I am in Texas and it never snows here LOL.

Sorry this is my last dumb question for a while, I just can't believe there are that many bugs flying around my garage but 90% less on my front porch?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of my cameras has much more floaty things flying around the camera. I assume they have to be bugs? My porch camera doesn't seem to have this issue. I mean I will see like a bug or two flying around but not a constant snowfall of action. I'm pretty sure it's not snow as I am in Texas and it never snows here LOL.

Sorry this is my last dumb question for a while, I just can't believe there are that many bugs flying around my garage but 90% less on my front porch?

Perhaps dust.

W/re to bugs the IR lights maybe attracting them.

A separate IR light may be useful.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You should see some of mine at times. Just swarmed. Looks like it's raining in circles. lol

I think some of the difference probably relates to the frequency of the IR, how much light there is reflecting around it, and placement where the bugs like it better. Under a covered porch the cam there rarely has any. Same type cam at the front over landscaping/grass there are tons. Probably coming up out of the grass and bushes to the lights.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup! In early spring we routinely wake up to yellow cars here in FloriDuh!

...and BTW, you don't know bugs if you haven't lived in FL...our bugs can kick your bugs @ss ;)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, Love bugs every April and Sept. When they get bad we spread Vaseline on the front grill and hood of the car so they can be washed off easier. Bug juice will flat ruin paint..