Are Unbranded Dahua Cameras from Aliexpress really Dahua's?

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The site claims that they can't sell the cameras with the name Dahua on the cameras,
but that they are in fact Dahua's. Also, do these cameras come with a wall mount
and power supply? I could find no way to leave a message to get answers to my questions
before placing an order....Thanks for answers!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wall mounts are generally not included. POE cameras generally do not come with power supplies.

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Firepeet, Fenderman, and morpheus. I'm going to order the SD59220T-HN and hope it comes with the
wall mount and power supply.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One more important question! When trying to order said camera, it doesn't allow me to select
the 'Signal System' to be NTSC. It just stays at PAL. One would think that if they are shipping
to the USA that it would default to NTSC!!! I can't order until this is straighten out and waiting
for a reply from their staff is taking way too long...any suggestions are welcome.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One more important question! When trying to order said camera, it doesn't allow me to select
the 'Signal System' to be NTSC. It just stays at PAL. One would think that if they are shipping
to the USA that it would default to NTSC!!! I can't order until this is straighten out and waiting
for a reply from their staff is taking way too long...any suggestions are welcome.
Many of the Chinese Region Hikvision cameras now come only with PAL...in fact, PAL seems to be hard-coded (there is not firmware switch that I can find). I own several of these cameras and I haven't had any issues with running PAL (50hrz) in my 60hrz environment. I have read that it is indoor "flicker" which may be an issue, but I have not experienced this "flicker issue." As I understand it -- outdoors under natural light -- PAL or NTSC does not matter.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Q2U, I just needed someone from the USA with one of these PAL cameras
to confirm that it would make no difference. I did notice though that some of the
cameras on Aliexpress do have both the PAL and NTSC 'Signal System' boxes to choose
from which led me to believe that I might be making a big mistake in ordering one that only
had the PAL listed!...Thanks again for your reply!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Q2U, I just needed someone from the USA with one of these PAL cameras
to confirm that it would make no difference. I did notice though that some of the
cameras on Aliexpress do have both the PAL and NTSC 'Signal System' boxes to choose
from which led me to believe that I might be making a big mistake in ordering one that only
had the PAL listed!...Thanks again for your reply!
I'm not saying that it "makes no difference" bro...I'm simply saying that I can't notice any difference.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your seller is taking too long to reply you might want to consider another aliexpress or alibaba seller. Some communicate better than others when there are questions or problems.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not saying that it "makes no difference" bro...I'm simply saying that I can't notice any difference.
Aliexpress has lots of fakes on there. Without knowing the seller etc then it's hard to guess if it's genuine. It's also impossible for any of us to give you a guarantee.

If they are unbranded then they are probably Dahua OEM. But they won't be Dahua.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Now I'm trying to find out the difference between SD59220'T'-HN AND SD59220'S'-HN.
If anyone knows please enlighten me on what's the difference. I'm thinking one is the older version but just guessing.
I found an USA dealer on eBay but he has it listed with the 'S' and delivers in 3 days at almost the same price as AliExpress
and accepts paypal which AliExpress does not.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should also be said that there are Aliexpress sellers with good reputation...Xinray comes to mind although I have never purchased from them.

Not everyone on Aliexpress is a "You tell me no good lies and no send picture images because of camera!!!!" seller.

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dealt with a few sellers and always had the right stuff turn up

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks MR2, I've ordered the SD59220T-HN and will post here if it's not what I think it should be....should be getting it in about 2 more weeks.