Argus PT wireless camera with Dahua NVR

grendel54

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully used Argus PT wireless camera with Dahua or similar NVR? I have a client that wants to use Reolink PTZ wireless cameras. Am I able to integrate this camera into a Dahua (off-brand similar to) NVR and use the online Reolink App as well?

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully used Argus PT wireless camera with Dahua or similar NVR? I have a client that wants to use Reolink PTZ wireless cameras. Am I able to integrate this camera into a Dahua (off-brand similar to) NVR and use the online Reolink App as well?
Hi @grendel54

Check the Argus PT specs if it supports a Reolink NVR, and if it supports an RTSP stream .. in general, most members here have found numerous issues to Reolink compatibility with meeting standards.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wireless and security cameras do not go together well. Wireless and PTZ even worse.

Consumer routers are not designed for the constant data of wireless cameras. They do not buffer like NetFlix and streaming services do, so it is a constant data stream. And then motion happens and the bandwidth needs go up and out goes the camera feed.

Reolinks will only work consistently with their own NVR.

Last edited: