Arlo replacement?

Diver4242

n3wb
Reaction score
We had an incident so I foolishly went out in a rush and bought the 3-camera Arlo Pro system at Costco without doing any research. We're doing indoor only. I have a copy of Blue Iris from our old house (but left the Foscams behind). I was um, upset when I found that Netgear Arlo couldn't store to my Netgear ReadyNAS network storage or Google Drive and required their own cloud storage subscription. So, that goes back as soon as I have a replacement.

We're Costco and Amazon Prime members. I just need three cameras to cover our garage (inside) and two areas inside. I do have one Amcrest camera that's unused, but I understand it's Foscam, which I had problems with four years ago and thought was junk. I'd like to keep this under $500 including any Blue Iris upgrade I might have to do. I need wifi, but have power outlets near all locations.

Thanks for any help.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We had an incident so I foolishly went out in a rush and bought the 3-camera Arlo Pro system at Costco without doing any research. We're doing indoor only. I have a copy of Blue Iris from our old house (but left the Foscams behind). I was um, upset when I found that Netgear Arlo couldn't store to my Netgear ReadyNAS network storage or Google Drive and required their own cloud storage subscription. So, that goes back as soon as I have a replacement.

We're Costco and Amazon Prime members. I just need three cameras to cover our garage (inside) and two areas inside. I do have one Amcrest camera that's unused, but I understand it's Foscam, which I had problems with four years ago and thought was junk. I'd like to keep this under $500 including any Blue Iris upgrade I might have to do. I need wifi, but have power outlets near all locations.

Thanks for any help.
Welcome Diver,

I also had the Arlos and do what I can to set expectations appropriately regarding them.

Great thing you picked them up from Costco as you can now get your $350-500 back thanks to their excellent return policy.

This is a very well liked camera for indoors among members - note last I checked it was out of stock.
ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

For a NAS - you can try building your own using something like freeNAS ( I found it nice and stable ). ( I used an older PC )

I would replace the foscam with a newer and better camera.

There's a number of very good Dahua OEM cameras also - I used the Dahua mini-dome wedge starlight by my front door, and would consider that indoors in locations which needed a smaller profile camera.

Do take a look at the notes which giomania has assembled.