artifact here and there

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I've had this issue for some time now, but always blamed it on the computer I had which I was using for recording (it was a 2nd gen i5 laptop, which couldn't handle this, always running 80% CPU load)

so fast forward to today, I finally got a TS140 thinkserver which is a Xeon 1225v3 running at 3.2ghz with 4gb of ram. (awesome server btw. It's virtually silent)

Right now computer runs at around ~30% CPU load which is good... now the issue is still here, just not as bad it seems... FWIW, I'm even using a surveillence specific WD Purple drive which I thought was maybe the cause (the cheap HD the laptop had)

Have a look at this video... What can possibly cause this? I don't really see it do it on the other cameras. It's a Hikvision 2432 on wifi (also has power line ethernet, but it didn't make a difference) with 1080p@15fps on higher quality.

Blue iris is doing direct to disc recording for this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef6ckosh8o13e4u/living.20150501_153229_1.avi?dl=0

Let me know if you need any other information .I posted about this a while back, but gave up blaming the computer. Looks like it's something else that I can't pinpoint

disregard the green stuff at the end, not sure what that's from but it's not on the original video.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your issue is ghosting...
This happens sometimes when using direct to disc recording. Here are some things to try.
1) In the camera-match i-frames to fps
2) In blue iris, increase the frame rate in the video tab to the next step above your actual camera frame rate - if your camera is sending 15, set it to 20 (uncheck adjust automatically).
3) In blue iris increase the receive buffer to 10mb...video tab>configure

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. we were trouble shooting this a while back. I started this one up because it's a new computer and still similar issues...

I can tell you it only does it in D2D, re encode did not do it.

camera has i-frames matched to fps (15 and 15)
I tried 15 camera and 20 blue iris. it got even worse!
buffer is already at 10mb

bitrate type is variable and max is 6144

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. we were trouble shooting this a while back. I started this one up because it's a new computer and still similar issues...

I can tell you it only does it in D2D, re encode did not do it.

camera has i-frames matched to fps (15 and 15)
I tried 15 camera and 20 blue iris. it got even worse!
buffer is already at 10mb

bitrate type is variable and max is 6144
try lowering your bitrate..
Does test the camera wired to the router and see if it does the same..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I didn't have to do any of that just to remedy the D2D issue :(
for testing you need to eliminate wifi issues...
The camera should be ok on wifi if the wifi connection is strong...but you cant expect it to push a high bitrate without any dropped frames if you connection is anything but perfect...