Assistance with setting up Hikvision IP cameras. Possible configuration Issues.

baigan868

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day folks. I set up a hikvision NVR more than a year ago. Some time last year one of the cameras suddenly stopped working. Today I went to the site where the cameras were installed and was working before. I removed the cameras and manually reset them and I am trying to add them back to the nvr.

When I use the SADP tool I can manually add the IP address etc. I use the default gateway of the NVR as the settings. Set the password of the camera and it works. I can view the camera via ip address through the browser when its connected directly to the laptop. When I try to add the camera to the NVR and I go to manually set the IP on the NVR it does not connect. I am not sure if I am using the wrong configurations when setting it up.

Can someone tell me which settings I should be using for the cameras when configuring it with the SADP tool.

Do I use the IP address of the NVR as the Gateway on the Camera,

I have 3 working cameras on the 192.168.254. xx range

I have set one of the cameras as 192.168.254.16 as this IP is unused.
I have set the gateway as 172.16.31.254 as this is the default gateway of the NVR (stated on the NVR Network-general tab)
the subnet mask I set was 255.255.255.0
The subnet mask on the NVR is 255.255.192.0

DHCP is currently Enabled on the NVR.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info please specify what screenshots you would like.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good day folks. I set up a hikvision NVR more than a year ago. Some time last year one of the cameras suddenly stopped working. Today I went to the site where the cameras were installed and was working before. I removed the cameras and manually reset them and I am trying to add them back to the nvr.

When I use the SADP tool I can manually add the IP address etc. I use the default gateway of the NVR as the settings. Set the password of the camera and it works. I can view the camera via ip address through the browser when its connected directly to the laptop. When I try to add the camera to the NVR and I go to manually set the IP on the NVR it does not connect. I am not sure if I am using the wrong configurations when setting it up.

Can someone tell me which settings I should be using for the cameras when configuring it with the SADP tool.

Do I use the IP address of the NVR as the Gateway on the Camera,

I have 3 working cameras on the 192.168.254. xx range

I have set one of the cameras as 192.168.254.16 as this IP is unused.
I have set the gateway as 172.16.31.254 as this is the default gateway of the NVR (stated on the NVR Network-general tab)
the subnet mask I set was 255.255.255.0
The subnet mask on the NVR is 255.255.192.0

DHCP is currently Enabled on the NVR.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info please specify what screenshots you would like.
Hi

Seems like an ip setup issue ..

Are the cameras connected to the poe ports of the nvr ?