Attempting to enable remote access/ web server not working

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am setting up a new machine and I am a new BI user and I'm attempting to get everything setup.
I am trying to set up the remote access but I am running into an issue on the third step which says "web server"
BI_webserver.PNG
I'm not sure how to proceed here. The computer has a fresh install of windows 10 Pro and I havn't used a windows computer in 10 years...

If you need more information let me know
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am setting up a new machine and I am a new BI user and I'm attempting to get everything setup.
I am trying to set up the remote access but I am running into an issue on the third step which says "web server"
View attachment 31500
I'm not sure how to proceed here. The computer has a fresh install of windows 10 Pro and I havn't used a windows computer in 10 years...

If you need more information let me know
Thanks
For remote viewing you either need to setup a vpn (most secure, see vpn primer for noobs thread) or port forward. The webserver works fine, your routers firewall is blocking it.

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For remote viewing you either need to setup a vpn (most secure, see vpn primer for noobs thread) or port forward. The webserver works fine, your routers firewall is blocking it.
which firewall? the one on the PC or the router? If I continue past the step you get to the step to forward the ports in the router, but even after they are forwarded it still doesn't work.
Also I have three network connections on this PC, one is disabled, the second is connected to the router and gets an address via dhcp and the third is setup with a static address for a seperate network that only the cameras will be on.
As far as setting up the VPN, I plan on doing this but I just wanted to set this up and see if I could get it turned on before getting the VPN set up. Just trying to figure this thing out

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
which firewall? the one on the PC or the router? If I continue past the step you get to the step to forward the ports in the router, but even after they are forwarded it still doesn't work.
Also I have three network connections on this PC, one is disabled, the second is connected to the router and gets an address via dhcp and the third is setup with a static address for a seperate network that only the cameras will be on.
could be both...improper port forward or your pc firewall...McAfee is a known offender.

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
could be both...improper port forward or your pc firewall...McAfee is a known offender.
This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro so I don't think McAfee comes with it.

If your on the computer and you go to the address listed, which is the ip of that PC, shouldn't it just load? isn't it just accessing it self? or is it going out to the router and asking to load that port on that ip?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro so I don't think McAfee comes with it.

If your on the computer and you go to the address listed, which is the ip of that PC, shouldn't it just load? isn't it just accessing it self? or is it going out to the router and asking to load that port on that ip?
yes it should just load...ensure you are entering the port after the ip address and that you actually enabled the webserver.

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hey, I got it it was none of the stuff mentioned...
I went into the BlueIris settings and then to the Web server tab and the enable the HTTP web server on port was not checked

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually it was mentioned see post 6.
damn, your are corrected, I guess I did see that at 6am when I looked at your response, But I did think that's what I was doing when I clicked on the world icon. So I guess I was a little confused there