Audio clearer on Dahua IP Cameras

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to make the audio better on a Dahua IP Camera? All I pick up is wind noise outside.

Reaction score
My experience has been that the noise filter setting makes some difference with specific cameras, depending
on their location and how high they are mounted - which I realize is so obvious to be essentially useless advice.
But I get a lot of wind noise too. The microphone that works best in my setup - that is I can actually hear
conversations - is my video doorbell.

1689449732508.png

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to make the audio better on a Dahua IP Camera? All I pick up is wind noise outside.
For me, the audio sounds best when it is set like this:

1. Audio Encoding (Encode Mode): AAC
2. Sampling Rate (Sampling Frequency): 6400
3. Noise Filter: Off

Dahua audio.jpg

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it’s the NVR? I assume it can be done through the NVR or do I need to unplug each camera and then go into it?
You can access the camera while connecting to the nvr...there are several threads explaining how to do this.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Log-into each camera directly with the Dahua config tool. It says web next to them.
It is best to set-up cams that way as everyone will try to be the boss with no workers.

I do not know what cams you have but, I might suggest some different settings of your cams too.
Found in the wikis.

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can access the camera while connecting to the nvr...there are several threads explaining how to do this.
Right okay. I didn’t know that was possible. I can’t seem to find the thread?