Audio on triggered alerts seems to be tied to pre-trigger buffer

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having issues with the audio on my alerts being off I'm using Deepstack to identify a person, I trigger the camera if it sees a person. If my pre-buffer trigger is set to 5 seconds then the audio on the alert recording is off by 5 seconds. If I set the pre-trigger to 1 second the audio is off by 1 second. If I turn the pre-trigger off the audio does not work on the recording. Everything works as expected when viewing the video/audio live.

Anyone else had this issue? I'm using Blue Iris V. 5.5.4.3

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with the audio on my alerts being off I'm using Deepstack to identify a person, I trigger the camera if it sees a person. If my pre-buffer trigger is set to 5 seconds then the audio on the alert recording is off by 5 seconds. If I set the pre-trigger to 1 second the audio is off by 1 second. If I turn the pre-trigger off the audio does not work on the recording. Everything works as expected when viewing the video/audio live.

Anyone else had this issue? I'm using Blue Iris V. 5.5.4.3
You should not use deepstack to trigger. You will miss events. Use deepstack to send alerts.

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should not use deepstack to trigger. You will miss events. Use deepstack to send alerts.
I record continuos + triggered. So I won't miss anything. I prefer to use the deepstack to trigger because it also triggers a binary motion sensor entity on Home Assistant.

Just to test if Deepstack was involved in my problem I disabled it. The problem still exists without deepstack.